No region selected
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Full Course
Face to Face
A requirement for anyone wishing to pursue a career in training or assessing in Australia’s vocational education and training (VET) sector across a variety of industries.
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Mon, Nov 04, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Mon, Jan 06, 2020 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Mon, Feb 17, 2020 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116), which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Qualification is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- Option 1 - Fast Track
- 10 days over 2 weeks
- 2 x 5 day blocks (face-to-face in classroom)
- Self-paced distance based learning
- Option 2 - Extended
- 10 days over 10 weeks
- 1 day per week (face-to-face in classroom)
- Self-paced distance based learning
This course is a blended mode of face-to-face and distance education via an e-Learning course, completed at your own pace. Throughout your enrolment your trainer will keep you motivated and make contact to ensure you are staying on track.
The course delivery is presented as follows:
Each participant must complete the pre-course study and assessment module no less than 5 days before beginning the compulsory face-to-face block. The following image represents the typical enrolment period for both the Fast Track and Extended formats:
Please note: Fast Track courses running through public holidays may change which days your course runs; please contact us for details if your course runs through a public holiday period.
Each participant must complete the pre-course study module before attending the compulsory face-to-face block. After completing your face-to-face block, participants are to manage their own time and access the online course to complete further study and assessment requirements. Participants cannot book into the presentation days until the major portfolio has been marked as competent. Once approved the participant can access Pinnacle Safety and Training’s website and book into the scheduled presentation days.
The presentation days must have a minimum of 7 participants confirmed in attendance. Where the minimum has not been met, our Sales and Service Specialists will contact you to discuss alternative options.
The length of your course is up to you (you have up to 12 months to complete), the more time you dedicate to the distance based learning component, the faster you can work through the content and assessment tasks. Participants must attend the presentation days to finalise the assessment requirements for this qualification. You cannot complete this qualification without attending the presentation days.
Participants will have access to highly skilled and motivated Trainers and Assessors who have been in the VET training and assessment environment for many years. They will offer you an interactive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
- $2750 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote. Flexible delivery options available for group courses!
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is a qualification which is highly valued by many employers and organisations. By obtaining this qualification you will develop the competencies necessary to perform the duties of a workplace and vocational trainer and assessor. Achievement of this qualification or an equivalent by trainers and assessors is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO). Students should be aware that this course focuses on delivering training within the VET (vocational education and training) environment. Students will also be able to apply this knowledge to a corporate industry training environment.
To be eligible to enrol into this course you need to demonstrate that you have skills and vocational experience in the field in which you wish to teach i.e. to teach ‘business’ qualifications you will need a business qualification (to at least the level you wish to teach), along with several years of relevant experience working in business. To teach ‘hairdressing’ you will need a qualification in hairdressing (to at least the level you wish to teach), along with several years of relevant experience working as a hairdresser.
Why do your TAE with Pinnacle?
Our TAE program aims to get you in, teach you what you need to know as efficiently as possible, and allow you to walk away with a qualification.
What will I learn?
- Skills to become an Trainer and Assessor in the vocational education and training sector.
- Understanding and applying the ADDIE model of instructional design.
- Developing training sessions to engage your audience.
- Exploring and applying a vast array of facilitation techniques.
- Learning how to really unpack a unit of competence.
- Understanding what competency based training is all about.
- Developing assessment tools against the principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
- An introduction to managing language literacy and numeracy whilst preparing for and conducting your training sessions.
Is it hard?
- This qualification will require you to manage your own time well, in order to drive your own learning journey.
- The first 2 week compulsory training block is intense and is designed to set you up for success to succeed at the distance based learning component.
- That means during the 2 week training block we pack a lot into each day, and you will have homework to do at night!
- There are no shortcuts to success. Hard work and dedication over the length of your program is required.
- The length of your course is up to you, the more time you dedicate to the distance based learning component, the faster you can work through the content and assessment tasks.
- You will have access to highly skilled and motivated Trainers and Assessors who have been in the VET training and assessment environment for many years. They will offer you an interactive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
Where could I go with a Pinnacle TAE qualification?
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher.
- You will complete a mandatory pre-course survey.
- Upon enrolment you will be provided with access to your online learning course.
- There will be some pre-reading and assessment for you to complete before attending the face-to-face training (up to 40 hours).
- You will be able to engage with other learners, have discussions, and ask questions.
- The first 2 week compulsory training block is in the classroom with an expert teacher.
- You will have homework tasks to complete each night.
- Upon completing the 2 week training block you are then sent on your way to continue learning through the distance based learning course.
- When you are ready to attend the presentation days, simply select and book your preferred date on the Presentation Days page on our website. You must have achieved competency from your Assessor for the major portfolio before attendance is confirmed.
For a comprehensive breakdown of the course, download our TAE Course Guide (pdf).
- All necessary learning resources will be provided as part of your course enrolment.
- Students provide their own laptop computer (with wireless internet capabilities)
- Complete the mandatory Pre-Course Survey
- Demonstrate that you have skills and vocational experience in the field in which you wish to teach e.g. to teach ‘hairdressing’ you will need a qualification in hairdressing (to at least the level you wish to teach), or be able to demonstrate via resume and professional references that you have relevant experience working as a hairdresser.
The above prerequisites must be completed and provided no later than prior to the course date, in order for you to get access to your course assessment modules, and avoid you wasting your time during the course.
To be successful in this course you need to:
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be confident navigating with web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing and PowerPoint presentations).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- Be confident in speaking in front of a group – or at least willing to give it a go.
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
- Agree with all terms and conditions of your enrolment
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Full Course
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Upgrade Program
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Presentation Days for TAE40116
I’ve tried the course via correspondence through another provider and it just didn’t work for me. I think Pinnacle provided a great course over twelve pretty intense days and would recommend you as a great training provider.
Tony L. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
I couldn’t recommend our trainer David enough. He is truly a wonderful asset to Pinnacle, and his knowledge and personable nature made the two weeks fly by. I specifically booked in my TAE upgrade with David again and didn’t regret it for an instant.