No region selected
Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
This skill set is designed for trainers and assessors who deliver non-accredited training or work with other trainers in delivering nationally recognised training.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
These units from TAE Training and Education Training Package meet industry requirements for enterprise trainers and assessors and form the TAESS00015 - Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
These units provide credit towards TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
National units of competency
- TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 – Assess competence
- TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL301 – Provide work skill instruction
- Complete this course online at your own pace
- You have 12 months to complete your skill set
- How long the course takes is up to you, however a general indicative timeframe for those already working in the VET industry is between two and six months
- $799.00 pp. Start now!
This skill set is designed for trainers and assessors who deliver non accredited training or work with other trainers in delivering nationally recognised training.
The TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set is a minimum qualification required for those seeking to work as trainers at Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), TAFEs and private training organisations. This skill set is designed to provide the necessary skills and knowledge for people training under supervision in the VET sector, who work mainly in classroom situations.
The course is based on (and can provide credit towards) the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
This Skill Set will enable you to:
- Develop training sessions for delivery in a range of workplace and formal learning contexts. This includes individual and group instruction, planning the presentation and reviewing the presentation
- Assess the competence of candidates using different assessment pathways
- Participate in the assessment validation process
- These competencies are completed in the context of a competency-based assessment system.
There are four online modules to complete. Two of the modules require additional practical assessments to be conducted in your workplace: TAEASS402 is to be completed under the supervision of a qualified assessor (in your workplace) and TAEASS403 is to be conducted with an alternate audience such as work colleagues. For those unable to undertake assessments in the workplace, these elements may be completed with our qualified assessors by attending one of our Virtual Classrooms.
Module 1 - TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
Students are required to complete a quiz and two written assessments
Module 2 - TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
Students are to carry out a minimum of three training sessions, demonstrating and instructing particular work skills for at least two different individuals or small groups
Module 3 - TAEASS402 Assess competence
Students are required to conduct assessment on four vocational education and training students and conduct a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment on one vocational education and training student.
Module 4 - TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
Students are required to participate in three validation sessions with at least two panel representatives.
We recommend that all students who have the ability to perform their practical assessments under the supervision of a qualified assessor in their workplace do so. However, this option may not be available for all students, and that’s where our Virtual Classrooms come in.
Pinnacle’s virtual classrooms enable students to attend live facilitated assessment sessions online with other students studying the same subject. Students are able to demonstrate their competence in “Assess competence” and “Participate in assessment validation” modules in a facilitated session with an experienced and qualified Trainer and Assessor.
- Access to digital learning guides for each of the units which you will study as part of your qualification
- Access to online discussion forums to interact with other learners
- Access to regularly scheduled Virtual Classroom workshops
- Support from our experienced trainers as you progress
- Freedom to study at your own pace when it suits you
- Download the Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set Online Course Guide for more information
There are no entry requirements for this Skill Set.
However, if you are considering using this Skill Set as a pathway into the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
Each Participant Must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices
- Have a stable internet connection
- Use a device that can play sound
- Have a device to capture video
- If you are participating in Virtual Classrooms, your device must have a working webcam, and for audio, headphones (or headset) with a microphone (such as those supplied with mobile phones) are , even for laptop computers. Additional terms and conditions apply to those participants who elect to participate in Virtual Classrooms. These will be made available at time of booking these sessions and can be reviewed here.
To be successful in this course you need to
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be confident navigating with web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- Have the ability to:
- Read and comprehend information from a variety of sources
- Communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels
- Facilitate team discussions, make presentations and participate in meetings
- Issue instructions in an authoritative manner during unusual circumstances
- Carry out simple calculations and analyse data
- Build relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external to an organisation)
- Be confident in presenting information verbally
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
It’s been many years since I have done this course. I really enjoyed learning how techniques have changed from what I was originally taught. Steve and Travis were very approachable and their knowledge of the subject matter was outstanding. I will be recommending this course and your company to others that are contemplating doing this training in the future.