No region selected
Hazardous Areas Awareness
Face to Face
Aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments.
Areas where gases, vapours, mists and dusts occur in dangerous quantities are classified as hazardous areas. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that when working in these areas you are adequately protected and trained, so as to reduce the likelihood of the ignition of an explosive atmosphere. People who carry out work in these areas require an understanding of the potential for ignition to occur, and appropriate control measures to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our Hazardous Areas Awareness training course addresses these issues.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hazardous area, including cleaning staff, HSE staff, trade personnel and management.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
One day (allow up to 8 hours)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
- Identifying standards, codes of practices and legislation relating to hazardous areas
- Defining and identifying different hazardous area zones
- Defining hazardous area zones, including signage and classification layout drawings
- Defining conditions and sources of ignition
- Identifying properties of flammable materials
- Identifying equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Explaining the requirements for equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Identifying requirements for maintenance and installation works in hazardous areas
This Hazardous Areas Awareness course aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments. It will equip personnel with the skills to identify risks and implement suitable control measures to reduce the hazard to acceptable safe levels.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Work Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
I’ve completed this course quite a number of times and found Tim to be very knowledgeable in his examples and experiences. Made the theory component very interesting.