No region selected
Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
Face to Face
One day refresher training for Health and Safety Representatives.
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants will receive a WorkCover Queensland Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- $350.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This course is designed to renew the knowledge and skills Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) have attained during their initial five day HSR training course. Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WorkCover Queensland approved provider of this course, which is compliant under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (Qld).
HSRs in Queensland are entitled to attend one day refresher courses every three years, commencing three years after the initial five day course has been completed (as per Section 21 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (Qld)).
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WHSQ and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease.
- Training conducted by an experienced WHS industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- Practical and theoretical activities
- Participant notes and a full copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide 100 points of ID to the trainer on the morning of day 1 of training. Click here to view document types and their associated points.
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Have successfully completed either:
- A WorkCover Queensland approved five day initial Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training course in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, or
- 30630QLD - Functioning as a Workplace Health and Safety Representative in accordance with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Work Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Trainer made the course interesting and enjoyable.
Robyn H. - Brisbane, QLDGoodman Fielder
I thought everything was great. Easy to enrol, emails explained clearly, etc. Straun was a great trainer. Managed to teach me about HSR and legislation without putting me to sleep!
Nicholas G. - Brisbane, QLDTeam Rock Anchors
Straun was informative, amusing, helpful and an all round engaging trainer. He clearly communicated the course content and expected outcomes. I personally find it rare to enjoy classroom activities but the 5 days with Straun was definitely the exception. My normal way of thinking and looking at problems were challenged and questioned for the better, I feel more capable in my role as a HSR and look forward to putting the knowledge and strategies into practice.