No region selected
Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
Face to Face
One day refresher training for Health and Safety Representatives.
|Location (NSW)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Sydney - Silverwater||Tue, Dec 07, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Sydney - Silverwater||Fri, Jan 07, 2022 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Participants will receive a SafeWork NSW Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- $300.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS FOR NSW PARTICIPANTS
In accordance with the current NSW Government roadmap guidance, all students (16 years and over) attending our courses at our Sydney training centre from 11 October 2021 must be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you are double vaccinated, please bring your COVID-19 vaccination certificate to your course. Instructions on how to access this certificate are available here.
If you are booking on behalf of other participants, please ensure they are double vaccinated and will have their certificate available on the day of their course.
This course is designed to renew the knowledge and skills Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) have attained during their initial five day HSR training course. Pinnacle Safety and Training is a SafeWork NSW approved provider of this course, which is compliant under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
HSRs in New South Wales are entitled to attend one day refresher courses every twelve months, commencing one year after the initial five day course has been completed (as per the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 (NSW)).
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of SafeWork NSW and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease.
- Training conducted by an experienced WHS industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- Practical and theoretical activities
- Participant notes and a full copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Have successfully completed either:
- A SafeWork NSW approved five day initial Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training course in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, or
- The SafeWork NSW approved 1 day gap course (prior to 31 December 2012).
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Trainer made the course interesting and enjoyable.
Robyn H. - Brisbane, QLDGoodman Fielder
Raymond was one of the most knowledgeable persons on this subject I have ever met. Will recommend him to my management for future courses.
Nathan G. - Toowoomba, QLDToowoomba Regional Council
Your trainer was informative, amusing, helpful and an all round engaging trainer. He clearly communicated the course content and expected outcomes. I personally find it rare to enjoy classroom activities but the 5 days with this trainer was definitely the exception. My normal way of thinking and looking at problems were challenged and questioned for the better, I feel more capable in my role as a HSR and look forward to putting the knowledge and strategies into practice.