No region selected
Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
Face to Face
Initial five day training course for QLD Health and Safety Representatives.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants will receive a WorkSafe Queensland Health and Safety Representative Training Statement of Attendance. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- Option 1: Five days (back-to-back)
- Option 2: One day per week over five weeks
- $765.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $176.00 - save $589.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
The role of the Health and Safety Representative (HSR) is primarily to liaise with other staff to identify health and safety issues and convey these to management. HSRs are elected by fellow staff to represent the views of the staff group.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in Queensland. Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WorkSafe Queensland approved provider of this course, which is compliant under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (Qld).
HSRs in Queensland are entitled to attend this WorkSafe Queensland approved five day training course within three months of being elected as the HSR. Employers are required to allow the HSR to take paid time off work to attend this training and pay for training costs. Likewise, HSRs are also entitled to attend one day refresher courses at least every three years after the initial five day course has been completed (as per the Work Health and Safety legislation).
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WorkSafe Queensland and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease.
Course Delivery Format
Courses are delivered in-person at a Pinnacle Safety and Training facility.
- Training conducted by an experienced WHS industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- Practical and theoretical activities
- Participant notes and a full copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide 100 points of ID to the trainer on the morning of day 1 of training. Click here to view document types and their associated points.
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
I have been a Workplace trainer and assessor for over 20 years. I found the way Peter conducted the course to be extremely interesting and informative. The participants came from a wide variety of industries and Peter used this to create scenarios to explain different sections of the Act & Regulations. A very worthwhile course that was presented extremely well. Thank you!
Darrin H. - Sydney, NSWQantas
Your trainer was informative, amusing, helpful and an all round engaging trainer. He clearly communicated the course content and expected outcomes. I personally find it rare to enjoy classroom activities but the 5 days with this trainer was definitely the exception. My normal way of thinking and looking at problems were challenged and questioned for the better, I feel more capable in my role as a HSR and look forward to putting the knowledge and strategies into practice.
Brendan J. - Brisbane, QLDParmalat
Bob was an excellent trainer. He was personable, had a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the topics and he was able to tailor the theory to our work environment. Throughout the training he provided practical examples from his own experience, or that of others, to assist us in understanding the theory, which was very helpful. The training was extensive and has provided me with not only a greater understanding of my role, but also strategies to implement the training and knowledge of resources to assist me in the role. Thank you Bob!