No region selected
ICAM Lead Investigator Training
Face to Face
Designed specifically for anyone who might be involved in an incident investigation team including supervisors, safety representatives, managers, safety officers, union officials and inspectors etc.
|Location (SE QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Thu, May 06, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Jun 07, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency:
- RIIWHS301E - Conduct safety and health investigations
- BSBWHS515 - Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
2 days (approximately 8 hours per day)
- $1,195.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
ICAM stands for Incident Cause Analysis Method. It’s a safety initiative for use in a whole range of industries including aviation, transport, mining, rail, security and health and draws on the work of Professor James Reason.
This course is designed to cover incident investigation concepts including:
- The six step incident investigation procedure
- 5 ‘Whys’
- PEEPO Data Collection Matrix (People, Equipment, Environment, Procedures and Organisation)
- The four occurrence causal factor elements including Absent/Failed Defences, Individual/Team Actions, Task/Environment Factors and Organisational Factors.
- The legal requirements applicable to accident and incident investigation
- Reporting and investigation forms
- Identifying causative factors for accidents and incidents using accident causation models
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Interviewing witnesses and take statements
- Preparing reports on an accident or incident
- Requirements for accident and incident reporting
- Training conducted by an experienced ICAM Lead Investigator with strong background in on-site incident investigation
- Advice on implementing ICAM methodology in your particular workplace
While in class, you will research, prepare and submit your assessments through the Learning Management System (LMS), Moodle. You will spend time researching online, developing procedures and completing quizzes and long answer questions.
As such, we only recommend our intensive face-to-face program for those with a strong level of computer literacy.
Bring Your Own IT Equipment
- Students provide their own laptop computer (with wireless internet capabilities)
Optional but highly recommended
- Wireless mouse and keyboard (improves ergonomics and speed)
- A second screen/monitor (improves ability to perform research)
To be successful in this course you need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 12 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English. If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
- Provide your own laptop computer (with wireless internet capabilities) for the duration of the course
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser).
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be completed on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted
- Be confident navigating with web browsers
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing)
- Be able to conduct research and present information
- Agree with all terms and conditions of your enrolment
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
The course ran perfectly. I was impressed by not just by the content but by the programming and design that went into it.