No region selected
Incident Commander / Controller
Teaches the skills to gather information about incidents, minimise incident escalation, allocate resources and assets, plan tactical responses, communicate with incident response teams and interact with external agencies.
Working with our partners in industry, Pinnacle Safety and Training developed our exciting new Incident Commander / Controller training in 2017. Other, similar courses available are deemed “non-current” by the Australian VET regulator. Our course is mapped against current nationally recognised units of competency and specifically contextualised to meet the needs of industry in Australia.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency:
- Skillset PMASS00020 - Incident response commander
- PMAOMIR320 - Manage incident response information
- PMAOMIR418 - Coordinate incident response
- PMAOMIR444 - Develop incident containment tactics
- PMAWHS310 - Investigate incidents
- PMAWHS511 - Manage emergency incidents
Three days plus e-Learning.
This course is delivered in two parts:
1. Three days of face-to-face training, issuing:
- PMAOMIR444 Develop incident containment tactics
- PMAOMIR418 Coordinate incident response
- PMAWHS511 Manage emergency incidents
2. Two e-Learning modules*, issuing:
- PMAOMIR320 Manage incident response information
- PMAWHS310 Investigate incidents
- For group bookings, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This nationally recognised training course applies to Incident Control Centre team members, personnel in incident command/control roles, or similar roles who are required to minimise the escalation of incidents, allocate resources and assets, plan tactical responses, communicate with the incident response team, interact with external agencies required to assist with the incident, and gather information about the incident.
This course can be contexualised to site specific facilities and “real life” incidents. Where sites are suitable, a “live response” can be arranged within a controlled environment.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Australian Standards and relevant regulations and legislation
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Applying the responsibilities of a Commander/Controller
- Controlling communication under pressure
- Team leadership and rapid decision making
- Managing incident response information
- Developing and enacting an incident action plan
- Developing incident containment tactics
- Managing emergency incidents
- How to coordinate and communicate with external emergency response personnel
- Training conducted by an experienced emergency response commander/controller with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
Each Trainee Must Provide
- * Complete and achieve competency in the face-to-face component before they are enrolled into the e-Learning component.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Work Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
I would like to thank you and the rest of your team for organising and contributing to what was a very successful Safety Day here at Sunstate Cement. As always we were very impressed by the professionalism of the Pinnacle team, from the first meeting you and I had at the start of the planning, through to the delivering of the demonstrations on the day. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed each session. The information and activities were very relevant to our business, and the demonstrations were delivered in a way that was easily understood by all. I had some really positive feedback from everyone.