No region selected
Occupational First Aid Training
Designed to give occupational first aiders the skills to respond to first aid emergencies for injuries and illnesses in the workplace.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496)
National units of competency
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid
- HLTAID014 - Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 - Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID016 - Manage first aid services and resources
Our Occupational First Aid course (incorporating Provide First Aid) is comprised of two components:
- Online Provide First Aid learning and assessment (approximately 4-5 hours - online)
- Face-to-face training and assessment (4 days - classroom)
Our occupational first aid training course is designed to give trainees the skills to respond to first aid emergencies where specialist medical help may be some time away or where as a First Aider you may have to manage the workplace first aid room.
This course is taught by Emergency Medical Response professionals.
This course takes participants to a higher level of training and is designed to train First Aiders to manage patient care until the arrival of an Ambulance during complex incidents and emergencies.
The Occupational First Aid certification remains current for three years, although the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends refreshing Advanced Resuscitation skills annually.
- First aid overview
- Advanced resuscitation
- Oxygen therapy and resuscitation
- Oropharyngeal (OP) airways
- Airway suction
- Advanced airway management
- Defibrillator usage
- Spinal collars and spine boards
- Eye injuries, head injuries, abdominal injuries
- Blood pressure and vital signs
- Recording patient care
- Remote first aid
- Occupational illnesses
- Medications and pharmacology
- Confined spaces and workplace hazards
- Psychological emergencies
- Access to a leading online learning program built ground-up by industry experts
- Face to face training conducted by an experienced Emergency Services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines, and first aid techniques
- Plenty of practical hands-on training
- Recommendations and advice for specialised first aid equipment for a particular workplace.
- First Aid Textbook: Emergency First Aid
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have completed the Provide First Aid pre-course e-Learning and exam prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training day
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
For the online training component, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Facilitator Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Peter was an excellent trainer with immediate answers to all the questions asked. He had a strong knowledge of the course content. Even when it came to queries I had about WorkSafe (which were outside the scope of the course), he went out of his way to find out the answers for me. Was very pleased with both the standard and the delivery of the course.