No region selected
Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
Face to Face
A legal requirement for any worker required to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496). This certification enables commercial operators to apply to the relevant State Authority for a Class B (non-friable) asbestos removal licence.
National unit of competency
- CPCCDE3014 - Remove non-friable asbestos
1 day (allow approximately 8 hours)
- $299.00 pp. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $74.00 - save $225.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
When asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or even suspected of being present in the workplace, only qualified personnel are permitted to safely manage or remove it. Any worker removing more than 10m² of non-friable (also known as ‘bonded’) asbestos must be appropriately trained, as outlined in the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011 and the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos. Non-friable asbestos materials include asbestos cement sheeting, often called fibro, used in many buildings before 1990. The sheeting was used for cladding, roofs and fences and can often be found as backing boards in wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
This course is a legal requirement for workers who need to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos.
Please note: Pinnacle Safety and Training will use any asbestos containing material during this training program.
“How will I know if I am eligible for a licence, and how do I apply for one?”
- Tradespeople, contractors and other business operators: Commercial operators can remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos only under the authority of a Class B (non-friable) or Class A (friable) asbestos removal licence issued by the State Authority. As an employed worker, you need to do this course, but do not need a Class A or B licence yourself if you are working under the authority of a licenced operator (e.g. the company or supervisor).
- - Doing this course is required before applying for a Class B licence. For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please see WorkCover Queensland.
- Homeowners and owner builders in Queensland: After completing this course, you are certified to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos. You do not need any additional licence.
Our nationally recognised remove non-friable asbestos course is designed for anyone who may be required to manage or remove asbestos in Australia. This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with at least 50% of the time allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos worksite.
- Legislation and recent changes
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Methods of isolation of the work site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ obtained after 11 May 2009 CPCCWHS1001 - ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’.
- If you need to obtain or renew your White Card, this can be done with us at a discounted rate prior to your training day - see our White Card course here.
- If you do not provide this by the business day prior to your course commencement, your enrolment will be cancelled, and you will not be permitted entry to the course. If this occurs, our terms and conditions will apply and therefore your course fee will not be refunded nor held in credit.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Having done hundreds of training courses across numerous fields, Raymond would be one of the best trainers I have ever have the pleasure of learning from. This trainer is one of your best assets and I trust that you realise this. I have no hesitation in using your firm for all our training needs in the future and would like to have Raymond as the trainer where possible. Many thanks Raymond, keep up the excellent work!
Joe D. - Brisbane, QLDNQCCS
I’ve got to say the trainer was absolutely incredible. It’s not often you find someone so passionate about their trade and that is so unassuming or un-condescending in his teachings especially since students are from all walks of life. Extremely satisfied and will definitely recommend Pinnacle in the future.