No region selected
Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
Face to Face
Offers successful participants the WorkSafe (WA) “WSRAL001” (required for your RAL application) CPCCDE3014A - Remove non-friable asbestos which is the nationally recognised certification enabling you to operate in states other than Western Australia.
We highly recommend all Western Australia workers obtain both the RAL as well as the CPCCDE3014A nationally recognised unit. There are several benefits. Firstly, the nationally recognised unit has a strong practical component. We believe you learn more by doing. You will be placed in a simulated worksite setting and will be shown and practice how to safely remove asbestos (of course, no actual asbestos is used in training). Secondly, holding this unit allows you to work Australia-wide on any site. It also future proofs you in case WA should decide to follow in the footsteps of all other States and require workers to hold the national unit. We believe in encouraging this training so much we are only charging $20 more than the RAL-only course, even though it costs us more than this to deliver the training to you.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Perth - Canning Vale||Mon, May 10, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Perth - Canning Vale||Tue, Jun 08, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
This is a dual certification program.
- WorkSafe WA Mandated Course Code: WSRAL001
- National unit of competency: CPCCDE3014A - Remove non-friable asbestos
Pinnacle Safety and Training are approved by WorkSafe (WA) to deliver the course WSRAL001, which is a prerequisite for you to apply for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL). Students who are deemed competent against WSRAL001 will receive a Statement of Completion. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students who are deemed competent against CPCCDE3014A will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
1 day (allow approximately 8 hours)
- $299.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
It has been recognised for many years that asbestos is a hazardous substance. The people who work with asbestos must be trained in the safe way of handling and transporting the material. There is a duty of care that all removal of asbestos containing materials is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 and Part 9 of the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos – 2nd Edition [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)] and the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in the Workplace.
Purpose of the Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL) in WA
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos, also known as Bonded Asbestos or Class B Asbestos. The Restricted Asbestos Licence allows people to remove amounts exceeding 10m² of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to WorkSafe WA to apply for your RAL. This licence is valid for three years. For more information on licence requirements, including demonstrating you have experience in asbestos removal and details of how to apply for a licence, please visit WorkSafe WA. We recommend you visit the WorkSafe WA site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course.
This course (WSRAL001) is a legal requirement in WA for workers who need to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos within Western Australia.
Purpose of the CPCCDE3014A nationally recognised certification
The RAL is only applicable in Western Australia. States other than WA require the CPCCDE3014A - Remove non-friable asbestos unit of competency in order to permit a worker to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos. This is a nationally recognised certification enabling you to operate in states other than Western Australia.
It is also worth noting that the national certification has become a legal requirement for some subcontractors when removing asbestos in Western Australia, especially if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- working under a Federal Government awarded contract
- undertaking works nationally in the Telecommunications Industry (i.e. NBN), or
- operating in other states of Australia.
Our dual-certification, nationally recognised remove non-friable asbestos course is designed for anyone who may be required to manage or remove asbestos anywhere in Australia.
The morning will be spent covering the aspects of the WorkSafe WA WSRAL001 program. Participants are required to attain an 80% pass mark on their WSRAL001 written examination to be able to apply to WorkSafe for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL).
The afternoon will cover the requirements of the nationally recognised CPCCDE3014A - Remove non-friable asbestos unit of competency. This section is well-received by participants as it includes a significant hands-on practical component. At least 50% of the time is allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos worksite.
This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site.
- Legislation and recent changes
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Methods of isolation of the work site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age
- Participants must provide valid ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, passport) to the trainer on the morning of training
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ obtained after 11 May 2009 CPCCWHS1001 - ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’.
- If you do not provide this by the business day prior to your course commencement, your enrolment will be cancelled, and you will not be permitted entry to the course. If this occurs, our terms and conditions will apply and therefore your course fee will not be refunded nor held in credit.
- NOTE: If your White Card was issued prior to 11 May 2009, we cannot recognise this as a valid prerequisite as it does not prove that you were assessed against the correct unit of competency.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Safety and Health Committee (SHC) Training
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Safety and Health Representatives (SHR)
- Chain of Responsibility
I’ve got to say the trainer was absolutely incredible. It’s not often you find someone so passionate about their trade and that is so unassuming or un-condescending in his teachings especially since students are from all walks of life. Extremely satisfied and will definitely recommend Pinnacle in the future.
Gary P. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Having done hundreds of training courses across numerous fields, Raymond would be one of the best trainers I have ever have the pleasure of learning from. This trainer is one of your best assets and I trust that you realise this. I have no hesitation in using your firm for all our training needs in the future and would like to have Raymond as the trainer where possible. Many thanks Raymond, keep up the excellent work!