No region selected
Safety and Health Representatives (SHR)
Face to Face
Initial five day training course for WA Safety and Health Representatives (SHR’s).
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Perth - Canning Vale||Mon, Nov 08, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Perth - Canning Vale||Mon, Jan 17, 2022 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Participants who attend this course will receive a Statement of Attendance. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Post course, Pinnacle Safety and Training can provide participants with the opportunity to be formally assessed against corresponding units of competency from BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (additional fees apply).
- Option 1 - Face-To-Face (Fast Track - Intensive)
- 5 days face-to-face in the classroom
- Option 2 - Face-To-Face (Extended)
- 1 day per week over 5 weeks - face-to-face in the classroom.
Either course format includes a combination of individual and group activities, discussions, case studies and practical exercises.
- $915.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This introductory course is designed for elected Safety and Health Representatives (SHR’s) who will gain confidence, knowledge and skills to represent their workplace and carry out the responsibilities of an elected SHR. It has been accredited since 1994 by the Commission for Occupational Safety and Health to provide the training required by Section 14(1)(h) of the WA OSH Act 1984.
- Understand legislation relevant to the role and functions of a Safety and Health Representative (SHR)
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters to represent employees in your elected area
- Understand issue resolution processes
- Know your role in the OHS Committee
- Be familiar with WorkSafe WA and their inspectors and be able to access and utilise WorkSafe WA information in relation to safety matters
- Understand hazard and risk management processes
- Understand the process of conducting workplace inspections
- Understand the requirements regarding the issuance of Provisional Improvement Notices (PIN’s)
- Understand your involvement in the investigation process
- Training conducted by an experienced OSH industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant WA legislation and Codes of Practice
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Safety and Health Committee (SHC) Training
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Safety and Health Representatives (SHR)
- Chain of Responsibility
Raymond was very professional as a tutor. Very approachable throughout the course, continually asking if we required more time and resources, providing excellent examples of material (slides, knowledge or internet references) appropriate to the topic being discussed.