Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
Face to Face
This awareness course provides Appointed Persons with the necessary legislative understanding to perform their role for the safety and health of their workers, the company and themselves.
What type of workers need Section 44 Appointed Persons Training?
- Supervisors and other personnel who are appointed under Section 44 of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act (1994)
This is a non-accredited training course. Students who complete this course will receive a Statement of Attendance. This certificate is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- Option 1 - Online
- Do the training online at your own pace when it suits you
- Complete in approximately 2 hours
- Option 2 - Classroom
- 2 hours interactive classroom training (group bookings only)
- Option 1: Online e-Learning Course. Just $199.00pp Start Now!
For bookings of 10+ people, contact us to access our special group rate.
- Option 2: Face to face classroom training, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This awareness course is for those employed in the WA mining and resources industry.
Under Section 44, ‘appointed persons’ play an essential safety role at mine sites by assisting the principal employer, manager or authorised person to meet their compliance obligations under the legislation.
Section 44 training covers all aspects of S44 of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 including its relevance to the role and responsibilities of supervisors, company procedures and to other sections of the Act and the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995.
Section 44 training provides an appointed person with the required legislative understanding to perform their role for the safety and health of their workers, the company and themselves. This course provides knowledge of the principles and expertise needed for those seeking to be appointed persons.
- Overview of Health and Safety Legislative Framework
- Appointments and responsibilities under the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994
- Duty of care
- Risk management
- Workplace inspections
- Incident and accident reporting
- Training and supervision
- Emergency preparation
- Plant and substances
- Safety and health representatives
- Mines inspectors
- Option 1: Online: Course developed in consultation with Industry experienced Occupational Safety and Health specialists. Comprehensive student support available.
- Option 2: Face to face classroom training (group bookings only): training conducted by experienced Occupational Safety and Health Safety Specialist
Each Trainee Must Provide
All participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, hear and write English
Option 1: Online
- Have a sound level of computer skills to navigate through the online course
- Have a device capable of playing audio in order to listen to the course content
Option 2: Face to face classroom training (group bookings only)
- Provide own transport
- Provide own lunch
- Wear appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Safety and Health Committee (SHC) Training
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Safety and Health Representatives (SHR)
- Chain of Responsibility
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Initial OHS Training Course
Great trainer for the course, Lester did a great job of keeping me involved and interested which would not have been easy as I have done this course twice before. I came out of the course with a greater knowledge and understanding of what a confined space ticket allows me to do/not to do. I have been in my industry for over 10 years, so to say I learnt something new about something I do every day is great and I put that down to Lester’s training methods.