No region selected
An introductory course designed to provide an awareness and overview of silica, how to identify it and how it should be managed.
What type of workers need silica awareness training?
- Construction industry workers e.g. sandblasting, rock drilling, cutting brick, tile, concrete, stone benchtops, fibre cement sheeting, pavers etc.
- Manufacturing industry workers e.g. concrete manufacturing, foundry operations, oil and gas, asphalt production, metal polishing, pottery work, jewellers
- Transport industry workers e.g. railroad workers
- Dental industry professionals
This is a non-accredited training course. Students who complete this course will receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- 100% Online
- Do the training online at your own pace when it suits you
- Participants usually finish in 45 minutes
- Just $59.00pp. Start Now!
- For bookings of 10+ people, contact us to access our special group rate.
Pinnacle’s online Silica Safety Awareness course will teach participants what silica is, its health effects, where it may be found in the workplace, and methods to assist workers to work safely with silica.
- What is silica?
- Basic health hazards associated with exposure to silica and respirable crystalline silica dust
- Common products containing silica
- Common tasks that could result in exposure
- Typical control measures that may be implemented to protect workers from exposure to respirable crystalline silica dust including engineering controls, work practices and personal protective equipment
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility