No region selected
Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
Face to Face
Designed for asbestos removal supervisors, which are required in a range of both friable and non-friable asbestos removal jobs.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
1 day (allow approximately 10 hours)
- $325.00 pp for public courses
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $100.00 - save $225.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
Nominated supervisors are legally required in both friable and non-friable asbestos removal jobs (see circumstances below). Successful completion of this unit is required to be deemed a supervisor.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
- Plan for asbestos removal.
- Prepare site for removal.
- Supervise testing, compliance and documentation in consultation with the licensed asbestos assessor and the asbestos removalist.
- Oversee removal and decontamination processes.
- Supervise and support team members.
When is a supervisor required?
|Friable Asbestos - “any amount”||Non-Friable Asbestos - “more than one person removing”|
A ‘class A’ asbestos removal licence is for businesses removing any amount of friable asbestos (material that contains asbestos and is in a powder form or that can be crumbled, pulverised or reduced to a powder by hand pressure when dry). Class A asbestos removal licence holders must ensure the removal of friable asbestos is directly supervised by a nominated supervisor.
Nominated supervisors for class A asbestos removal work must be at least 18 years old and have at least three years of relevant industry experience. The nominated supervisor must also have certification in CPCCDE3015 or CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos and CPCCBC4051A or CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal.
Where class B asbestos removal work is being carried out by more than one person, the licence holder must ensure a supervisor is readily available to the workers carrying out the asbestos removal work.
A class B asbestos removal work supervisor must be at least 18 years old and have at least one year of relevant industry experience. The supervisor must have certification in CPCCDE3014A or CPCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos or CPCCDE3015A or CPCCDE3015 Remove friable asbestos.
Once I have completed this training, do I have to apply for a supervisor licence?
No. You will need to hold either a class A or class B licence (depending on what type of asbestos removal you will be supervising). Successful completion of this unit of competency is all that is required to be deemed a supervisor. No additional licence is necessary.
- Your time is up! The transitional arrangement permitting holders of valid bonded (non-friable) asbestos removal certificates issued under the repealed WHS Regulation 2008 to supervise Class B asbestos removal work expired on 31 December 2014. Supervisors must hold CPCCBC4051A or CPCCDE4008 - ‘Supervise asbestos removal’.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts
- Please note: Pinnacle Safety and Training will use any asbestos containing material during this training program.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
I’ve got to say the trainer was absolutely incredible. It’s not often you find someone so passionate about their trade and that is so unassuming or un-condescending in his teachings especially since students are from all walks of life. Extremely satisfied and will definitely recommend Pinnacle in the future.