No region selected
White Card Training
Face to Face
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
|Location (NSW)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (NSW issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a SafeWork NSW approved provider of the White Card.
- 6 hours
- $95.00 pp (this price is unlike other providers who charge extra SafeWork fees)
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
In 2019, state regulators made changes to the way the White Card program is to be delivered in Australia. In New South Wales, obtaining a White Card via online training is no longer permitted, and the course must be undertaken face-to-face in the classroom.
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
In NSW, the White Card ceases to be current if the cardholder has not worked in the construction industry for two years or more.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- We offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to 100 points of identification (multiple documents). Please note that arriving without these documents will result in you being turned away from the course. See below for acceptable forms of evidence you will need to prepare before the course
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
NSW face to face participants: Evidence of identity documents
SafeWork NSW require that participants must supply original evidence of identity (EOI) documents that add up to at least 100 points. Within these documents participants must be able to show:
- a photo
- date of birth (minimum age 15 years)
- current residential address
- Click here to view document types and their associated points.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Work Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
I feel the online learning platform is easily navigated even by novice computer users.
Matt C. - Gulmarrad, NSWSunshine Sugar
It was easy. I filled out the enrolment form & paid online, login details were emailed to me and in minutes I was in doing the course on my iPad. It only took me a couple of hours to complete and was actually quite fun to do! Thanks Pinnacle!