No region selected
White Card Training
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
|Location (Regional VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (VIC issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WorkSafe Victoria approved provider of the White Card.
- Face to face classroom training: 6 hours
- $119.00 pp (this price is unlike other providers who charge extra fees)
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
In 2019, state regulators made changes to the way the White Card program is to be delivered in Australia. In Victoria, obtaining a White Card via online training is no longer permitted, and the course must be undertaken face-to-face in the classroom.
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- We offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
VIC face to face participants: Evidence of identity documents
WorkSafe Victoria require verification of a trainee’s identity at the time of training, and prior to registering for a Construction Industry card with WorkSafe Victoria.
The identification document(s) provided should contain a photo issued by a government or be issued by a commercial organisation for the purpose of proving proof of identity or age. The document should (as a minimum) provide proof of:
- Participant’s full name
- Identifying photo
- Click here to view acceptable document types.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
No technical difficulties. Very happy with the course contents.
Guy T. - Greenvale, VICDaly's Constructions
When I had any problems your support team was always there to assist.
Warren F. - Cessnock, NSWSMH Valley Maintenance
Great course! Seriously, I think every workplace should put staff through this, while it is particularly beneficial for construction - it really is relevant to all industries. Staff (as always) were lovely! The content itself was interesting, interactive, relevant, factual and easy to understand. Thank you for another great course, I look forward to my next one with Pinnacle!