No region selected
Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
Face to Face
For supervisors and managers wanting to learn more about what WHS means in the workplace.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency:
- BSBWHS402 – Assist with compliance with work health and safety laws
- BSBWHS403 – Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
These units form partial completion of BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
1 day (allow 8 hours)
- $495.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This course has been designed for supervisors and managers wanting to learn more about what work health and safety means in the workplace. The course aims to provide familiarisation with managing work health and safety requirements in line with legislative requirements and within a Work Health and Safety Management System. It will also assist supervisors and managers to effectively manage health and safety in their area of responsibility. Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued with two units of competency towards the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Australian Standards and relevant regulations and legislation
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Workplace health and safety compliance requirements
- Leading change and modelling work health and safety
- Risk management and hazard control
- Work health and management systems
- WHS consultation and participation processes (identifying participants, reviewing procedures, ascertaining training needs, communicating data, developing improvement initiatives)
- Incident response procedures
- Assisting in incident investigations
- Training conducted by an experienced WHS specialist with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide own transport and lunch
- Arrive in appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Work Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Very passionate trainer and very knowledgeable on the content.
Leon W. - Brisbane, QLDSiemens
It was a great and useful course.
Hyejin J. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Thanks to Peter and Pinnacle. I actually got exactly what I needed from the course which was an overview of WHS and the consultation process.