Skills First Funding
“This training is subsidised by the Victorian Government”
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Eligibility Criteria for Skills First Subsidies
- Prerequisite Criteria for the course as detailed on training.gov.au
- Prerequisite & Student Participation Criteria as set out by Pinnacle Safety and Training
- You are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or asylum seeker visa holder, or New Zealand citizen; and
- You are physically present in Victoria when you are completing subsidised training and assessment
- Health Care Card holder issued by the Commonwealth Government or a dependant of a Health Care Card holder
- Pensioner Concession Card holder or a dependant of a Pensioner Concession Card holder
- Veterans Gold Card holder or a dependant of a Veteran’s Gold Card holder
- Self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Enrolled under the Asylum Seeker VET Program – Visa holder or are referred to training by the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre or the Australian Red Cross
- The student is from the Judy Lazarus Transition Centre (as a prisoner within the meaning of the Corrections Act 1986)
- The student is required to do training under a community based order made under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (the CYF Act)
- The student is referred to training by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, the Department of Justice and Community Safety, or a referring agency
- Your eligibility to access Skills First Subsidies;
- Your eligibility to access Concessions; and
- Your eligibility to access Fee Waivers
- 2 ’Skill Set Programs’ commencing in a calendar year
- 2 ‘AQF Qualifications’ commencing in a calendar year
Subsidised Courses Currently Available With Pinnacle Safety and Training
Pinnacle Safety and Training are approved to deliver the following courses as part of the Victorian Government’s Skills First Program:
Please refer to the course page on our website for the nature and requirements of each subsidised training program
Subsidy applications are open to all prospective students who meet the following criteria:
Eligibility Criteria For Subsidised Training (Skills First Subsidy)
As part of the determination of the eligibility for the subsidy, you will be asked to confirm and supply evidence of the following:
Pinnacle Safety and Training offer concession fees to students who meet and can provide evidence of the following:
Fee Waiver Eligibility
Pinnacle Safety and Training offer fee waivers to students who meet and can provide evidence of the following:
Fee Determination and Inclusions
Pinnacle Safety and Training determine your applicable student contribution fees based on a number of factors relating to your enrolment and subsidy application. These include:
The applicable fees are listed below:
|Eligibility||Student Cost (AUD)|
|Skills First Funded - General||$995|
|Skills First Funded - Concession||$199|
|Skills First Funded - Fee Waiver||$0|
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Skills First Course Volume Limits
Skills First only allows students to commence four Skills First funded programs in each calendar year. Students are only able to attend two courses simultaneously made up of either a ‘Skill Set Programs’ or ‘AQF Qualifications’. The calendar year volume limits include a maximum of:
Please note any commencement on a Skills First Subsidised training program will contribute to your maximum of four Skills First funded program commencements in a calendar year
Our Skills First Participant Reference Guide includes a number of contact details for recommended external support services. It also includes up to date information regarding the types of support services we offer within the RTO.
All general participant course enquiries are to be directed to your trainer/assessor or assessor on the day of training. Additional support enquires are to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us in 1300 990 810.
Should you require any support for a specific disclosed disability, please contact us prior to the commencement of your course so that we are able to advise you on the level of support we can provide you with. In some cases you may be required to provide us with a NDIS Support Plan prior to your training with us.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015 all students undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation will need to have a USI. The Department of Education and Training regulates the application process for USIs.
The main aim of the USI is to provide students access to a centralised database of their training records. A USI is a code made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.
Q: Do I need a USI to do training with Pinnacle Safety and Training?
A: YES! We cannot provide your certificate without having your USI on file.
Q: What do I need to do before starting a course with Pinnacle?
A: Provide us with your USI. You will need to supply your USI as part of the application for funding in order to confirm your eligibility with the NSW Departmet of Education.
If you do not have a USI, please click here to create one in a new window (takes about 3 minutes). If you need help with this process, please call our funding team on 1300 990 810.
Would you like More Information?
For more information regarding the Skills First funding opportunity please refer to the “Important Links” section on this page. These links are there to assist you with understanding the Skills First requirements as set out by Victoria Department of Education and Training and the process for applying and studying with Pinnacle Safety and Training.
Should you wish to contact us with specific questions, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 1300 990 810 .
Would you like to start your application?
If you are ready to apply for Skills First Funding, please call our funding team on 1300 990 810 or complete the application form on this page. One of our funding team members will be in contact to assist you through this process.