No region selected
Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
Designed for those individuals wishing to perform the duties of a Supervisor or Mine Safety and Health Representative as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- G1 – RIIRIS301E – Apply Risk Management Processes
- G8 – RIIWHS301E – Conduct safety and Health Investigations
- G9 – RIICOM301E – Communicate Information
Valid for 5 years (refreshers are available)
- Complete this course online at your own pace
- If you are already working in the industry this e-Learning course should take approximately 15-20 hours to complete
- There is also the requirement to complete and provide a third party report
- The refresher program may be completed in 2.5 - 3.5 hours, plus any time needed to prepare workplace evidence documents
- Option 1:
- G1-G8-G9 Online
- $525.00 pp. Start now!
- Option 2:
- G1-G8-G9+G2 Online
- Bundle in G2 Risk Management to achieve G1-G8-G9+G2
- $875.00 pp. Start now!
- Option 3:
- G1-G8-G9 Refresher Online
- For those who have already completed G1-G8-G9 previously
- $350.00 pp. Start now!
This course is known as G1, G8 and G9 (previously known as S1, S2, S3).
This training program has been specifically designed for participants employed who are required to undertake the role of and perform the duties and requirements of a Supervisor. These units are appropriate for those working in operational roles at worksites within Civil Construction, Coal Mining, Drilling, Extractive, and Metalliferous Mining Industries.
Once you have obtained this supervisor level qualification, you’ll be deemed as a reliable manager or team leader, someone who can get things done as well as someone who knows their role.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Performing the duties and position requirements of a Mine Safety and Health Representative as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act
- Conducting inspections
- Supervising the safety of all the workers within the mine site operations
- Knowledge of WHS policies and procedures
- Ensuring all risk assessments are being carried in accordance the policies of the organisation
- Developing site operational procedures
- Making sure all safety measures, guidelines and regulations are being carefully followed
- Conducting incident investigations
- Reporting any breaches of safety or identifying hazards to the site managers
- Implementing safety plans and manage emergencies safely and efficiently
- Developing good working relationships with operational, technical and maintenance teams
- Developing induction programs to train new and existing workers.
- Supporting your team to work in safe environments without additional impact
- Understanding risk management concepts and be able to perform risk assessments in accordance with the hierarchy of control
- Understanding appropriate and effective methods of communication
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and works on multiple devices and platforms
- Downloadable and printable Learner Guide
Each Participant Must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices
- Have a stable internet connection
- Use a device that can play sound
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Chain of Responsibility
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
Very good simple course. Good knowledge for the level I require. Thank you for the draft inspection checklists - should come in very handy.