No region selected
Hazardous Areas Awareness
Face to Face
Aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments.
Areas where gases, vapours, mists and dusts occur in dangerous quantities are classified as hazardous areas. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that when working in these areas you are adequately protected and trained, so as to reduce the likelihood of the ignition of an explosive atmosphere. People who carry out work in these areas require an understanding of the potential for ignition to occur, and appropriate control measures to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our Hazardous Areas Awareness training course addresses these issues.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hazardous area, including cleaning staff, HSE staff, trade personnel and management.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
This Hazardous Areas Awareness course aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments. It will equip personnel with the skills to identify risks and implement suitable control measures to reduce the hazard to acceptable safe levels.
- Identifying standards, codes of practices and legislation relating to hazardous areas
- Defining and identifying different hazardous area zones
- Defining hazardous area zones, including signage and classification layout drawings
- Defining conditions and sources of ignition
- Identifying properties of flammable materials
- Identifying equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Explaining the requirements for equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Identifying requirements for maintenance and installation works in hazardous areas
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
- Mining Induction - Standard 11 Compliant
Was nice to be trained by someone who obviously walks the walk. Would recommend fellow work colleagues to your training without hesitation.