Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Fire Suppression System Testing at IOR Energy
Our skilled Rope Access Technicians were called in to the IOR Energy’s facility at Port of Brisbane in order to test the Fire Suppression System which forms a critical safety system atop a giant crude oil reservoir. The system requires testing every three years, and our techs utilised a fall protection system to access and test each element of the system.
About IOR Lytton Terminal
The Crude Oil Receiving Facility at Lytton in the Port of Brisbane is operated by IOR on behalf of its Lytton Joint Venture owners. The Lytton Joint Venture consists of IOR Terminals Pty Ltd, Beach Energy Limited and Mosaic Oil & Gas NL.
The terminal provides access to market for the onshore oil producers of the Surat and Cooper Basins. Crude oil arrives by tanker truck at the Lytton Terminal where it is unloaded and automatically sampled and metered before transfer to a 50ML floating roof tank where it is stored pending later sale and transfer to a local refinery. The 50ML tank is also used to store crude oil discharged directly from vessels at the oil berth in the Brisbane River under a shared operating agreement with a local refinery.
- Independent body reports strong results for Pinnacle students
- Pinnacle introduces a new course for road transport supply chain workers
- IRATA rope access bookings now open
- Updated WHS Qualification - BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Updated Diploma of WHS Qualification - BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Warwick my trainer was extremely experienced and informative. If I do any more courses, I will be going back to Pinnacle.