Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Important information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Pinnacle Safety and Training, the wellbeing of our team members and students is our number one priority.
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation in all of our locations and following the advice of the Australian Government.
To date, there have been no identified staff or student cases of coronavirus at any Pinnacle training facility.
Students must not attend a course at Pinnacle if you have:
- arrived in Australia by any means in the last 14 days, or
- been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days
In addition, if you:
- have been diagnosed with the coronavirus, or
- are under medical assessment for coronavirus
you must receive medical clearance before attending a course at one of our facilities.
In addition to the above, if you are unwell, regardless of whether you have symptoms associated with the coronavirus, we ask that you stay at home and seek advice from your medical practitioner.
If you meet any of the above criteria, please call us immediately on 1300 990 810 to defer your course.
- We are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation in all of our locations and following the advice of the Australian Government.
- We’re communicating regularly with our employees and students regarding instructions for attending a Pinnacle facility and required isolation/quarantine periods. These include clear instructions for people who have returned from international locations and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus.
- We are communicating regularly with our employees and students about taking precautionary hygiene measures.
- We’ve provided clear advice to our employees about actions they should take if they become unwell or think they may have the symptoms of coronavirus.
- We have increased the frequency of commercial cleaning at our facilities.
- We have posted signage throughout our facilities that provides employees and students with hand washing instructions.
- We have made hand sanitiser available for employee and student use (where supplies allow).
- We have implemented additional cleaning practices after we use any equipment or mobile plant.
- We have suspended the use of ceramic coffee cups and reusable drink containers and have replaced them with single-use disposable cups.
- We are implementing social distancing measures in our classrooms where possible and have made adjustments to our practical scenarios to reduce in-person contact for students and staff.
- Class sizes for certain courses have been reduced.
- Upon arrival at our Victoria, New South Wales, Brisbane and Gold Coast training facilities, all students will be asked to consent to a non-contact temperature check. This is a straightforward process that involves a Pinnacle team member scanning students’ foreheads with a non-contact thermometer. If that check indicates that a student has a temperature at or above 38°C, they will not be allowed to enter the facility. Likewise, if they do not consent to participating in this temperature check, they will not be able to enter our facility.
- All students attending training at our Victorian facilities are required to wear a mask.
- All students attending a course at our New South Wales, Gold Coast and Brisbane training facilities will be offered a face mask to wear during their course.
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
- Understanding Chain of Responsibility
- Looking for a career change?
- Minimise manual handling risks for your employees and workmates
- How to choose an online course
Nathan is the GUN!!! Easily the best trainer we’ve had the privilege of having on our site! His subject knowledge & experience is incredible, and he is able to make the training even more challenging and specific to our potential response situations.