Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Perth Arena rope access work
Pinnacle Safety and Training were recently contracted to install Vector Foiltec’s Texlon Roofing System at Perth Arena.
The job involved:
- Utilising Pinnacle’s experience in installing Texlon Roofing systems
- Rigging solid and reliable anchor systems
- Ascending and descending using twin rope technique
- Rope management
- Loop traverses
- Using bosuns chairs (to avoid suspension intolerance)
- Establishing diversion systems to redirect rope trajectories
- Handling work tools and equipment during rope access
- Performing work tasks while supported by a rope suspension system.
The project was in its final stages when the Texlon roofing was ready to be installed. This meant we had a very tight timeframe to the complete the work before the grand opening of the arena, which was scheduled for November 2012. Due to our experience in installing this type of roofing system in numerous other locations across Australia and New Zealand (including Forsyth Barr Stadium NZ, the Adelaide Entertainment Centre and the University of Adelaide), our technicians completed the contract in two months, on-time and within budget.
The Perth Arena is the first stage of the Perth City Link, a 13.5 hectare major urban renewal and redevelopment project which involves the sinking of the Fremantle Railway Line to link the Perth CBD directly with Northbridge. The Perth Arena was jointly designed by architectural firms Ashton, Raggart and McDougall and Cameron Chisholm Nicol. Its design is based on the Eternity Puzzle.
- Important information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Interested in becoming a VET Trainer?
- How to access your training record
- Celebrating our firefighting hero
- Independent body reports strong results for Pinnacle students
Having done hundreds of training courses across numerous fields, Raymond would be one of the best trainers I have ever have the pleasure of learning from. This trainer is one of your best assets and I trust that you realise this. I have no hesitation in using your firm for all our training needs in the future and would like to have Raymond as the trainer where possible. Many thanks Raymond, keep up the excellent work!