Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
The dangers of online-only training courses
“Our online course will qualify you to work safely in confined spaces.”
This is the catchcry of just one of the operators who are popping up, claiming to offer cheap, online-delivery safety training to industry in Australia.
To many people it's obvious, but you do get what you pay for!
Here at Pinnacle, we are absolutely passionate about providing the very best confined space training in Australia, and it frustrates us no end to keep hearing horror stories from workers who are taken in by these online safety courses.
Our confined space course is a minimum of one full day of face-to-face training, which includes a number of hands-on practical tasks, like conducting hazard and risk assessments, and entering a variety of confined spaces. Our most popular two-day course gives workers the ability to issue permits, perform gas testing, and conduct rescues in confined space. This is real-life stuff!
The problems with online safety courses:
- They are generally not nationally recognised training, meaning you don't end up with the national unit of competency, and will be rejected when trying to get on a work site.
- They don't offer any practical elements whatsoever. Practical training is vital!
- They aren't taught by industry experts.
Don't fall into the trap! Choose training that will actually benefit you at work. Face-to-face training is your best choice.
- How to choose an online course
- How to learn effectively at home
- Community service announcement – Beware of dodgy White Card training
- Work Safely at Heights now available as a blended online theory + half day practical course
- Important information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
I recently completed the Cert IV WHS and found it to be a great course and very informative. I was doing this course online in my own time and pace, but I had hit a snag and couldn’t keep myself motivated to keep going. I called Pinnacle and explained my situation and they were more than considerate to my position. After a good chat with one of their consultants I had signed up for the next course in Sydney. My instructor was Ian and this guy to me was the guru of WHS, his knowledge was absolutely second to none and his manner in the classroom made you feel relaxed and confident with all the content that he delivered. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the classroom and learning from Ian, as well as learning from the other people in my class and the different areas that we all came from. Cheers guys.