Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
The dangers of online-only training courses
“Our online course will qualify you to work safely in confined spaces.”
This is the catchcry of just one of the operators who are popping up, claiming to offer cheap, online-delivery safety training to industry in Australia.
To many people it's obvious, but you do get what you pay for!
Here at Pinnacle, we are absolutely passionate about providing the very best confined space training in Australia, and it frustrates us no end to keep hearing horror stories from workers who are taken in by these online safety courses.
Our confined space course is a minimum of one full day of face-to-face training, which includes a number of hands-on practical tasks, like conducting hazard and risk assessments, and entering a variety of confined spaces. Our most popular two-day course gives workers the ability to issue permits, perform gas testing, and conduct rescues in confined space. This is real-life stuff!
The problems with online safety courses:
- They are generally not nationally recognised training, meaning you don't end up with the national unit of competency, and will be rejected when trying to get on a work site.
- They don't offer any practical elements whatsoever. Practical training is vital!
- They aren't taught by industry experts.
Don't fall into the trap! Choose training that will actually benefit you at work. Face-to-face training is your best choice.
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
- Understanding Chain of Responsibility
- Looking for a career change?
- Minimise manual handling risks for your employees and workmates
- How to choose an online course
Very happy with the training. The team advised me it was the best LVR they’d ever done, and we’ve been doing LVR through other providers twice a year for two decades. I guess you’re our new provider from now on!