Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
The dangers of online-only training courses
“Our online course will qualify you to work safely in confined spaces.”
This is the catchcry of just one of the operators who are popping up, claiming to offer cheap, online-delivery safety training to industry in Australia.
To many people it's obvious, but you do get what you pay for!
Here at Pinnacle, we are absolutely passionate about providing the very best confined space training in Australia, and it frustrates us no end to keep hearing horror stories from workers who are taken in by these online safety courses.
Our confined space course is a minimum of one full day of face-to-face training, which includes a number of hands-on practical tasks, like conducting hazard and risk assessments, and entering a variety of confined spaces. Our most popular two-day course gives workers the ability to issue permits, perform gas testing, and conduct rescues in confined space. This is real-life stuff!
The problems with online safety courses:
- They are generally not nationally recognised training, meaning you don't end up with the national unit of competency, and will be rejected when trying to get on a work site.
- They don't offer any practical elements whatsoever. Practical training is vital!
- They aren't taught by industry experts.
Don't fall into the trap! Choose training that will actually benefit you at work. Face-to-face training is your best choice.
- What You Need to Know About the TAE Update and New TAE Training Package (TAE40122) FAQs
- Considering a career in rescue and emergency response?
- Don’t risk prosecution
- Want to get off the tools?
- Don’t throw out your certificate
Recently completed my forklift licence at Pinnacle in Port Melbourne Our teacher Wayne did a great job with our class, very informative and answered all questions we had. Having limited knowledge of forklifts, by the end of the course I was confident in the practical and theory. The exam will require some study / homework so I would recommend to read over the training material provided prior to attending so you have a head start once it’s time for the exam. I would recommend Pinnacle to all and a big thanks again to Wayne and Pinnacle.