No region selected
Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
Face to Face
Designed for anyone who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos in Australia.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment, nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- CPCCDE3015 - Remove friable asbestos
Students who wish to apply for the Unrestricted Asbestos Licence need to meet WorkSafe WA’s asbestos training requirements before submitting an applications. Applicants who are deemed competent against CPCCDE3015 meet this training requirement.
1 day (allow approximately 8 hours)
- $750.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
Friable asbestos materials are more dangerous than non-friable asbestos and include asbestos that is in a powder form, crumbled, pulverised or reduced to powder (can crumble easily with hand pressure).
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) and asbestos containing dust/debris (ACD). The course includes preparing for friable asbestos removal, constructing enclosures, removing friable ACM, air and health monitoring requirements, and includes decontamination and disposal requirements.
Pinnacle Safety and Training will use any asbestos containing material during this training program, however realistic simulation is used.
While workers who remove less than 10m² of non-friable asbestos have no legal obligation to undertake training, whenever friable asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or in the workplace, only qualified personnel are permitted to safely identify, manage or remove it. There is a duty of care that all removal of asbestos containing materials is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 and Part 9 of the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos – 2nd Edition [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)] and the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in the Workplace.
“How will I know if I am eligible for a licence, and how do I apply for one?”
- Tradespeople, contractors and other business operators: Friable ACM must only be removed under the authority of an Unrestricted Asbestos Removal Licence issued by the WorkSafe WA.
- - Further Information. Doing this course meets WorkSafe WA’s asbestos training requirements for an Unrestricted Asbestos Licence application. For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please see WorkSafe WA.
- Homeowners: homeowners should attempt to manage or remove friable asbestos. Leave it to the professionals.
Our nationally recognised one-day remove friable asbestos course is designed for a worker who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) in Australia. The course includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with at least 50% of the time allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos-contaminated worksite.
- Legislative requirements and compliance
- Licensing requirements
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Completion of risk assessment, asbestos registers and management plans
- Full enclosure setup, testing and removal
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Decontamination of workers, plant and equipment (three phase process)
- Correct asbestos disposal techniques
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training is conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Participants must wear long pants and closed shoes (high-vis and steel-caps not required, but are welcome).
- This training is realistic, somewhat physical and may involve working in hot or cold environments whilst suited up in PPE. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a suitable level of fitness and are willing and capable of moving about in a small enclosed room, and wearing face masks.
- This course requires practice in wearing correct, full PPE and undertaking personal decontamination techniques, therefore participants must be prepared to wear shorts and T-shirt under coveralls.
- Participants must bring additional clothing - shorts, singlet top/T-shirt and a pair of thongs (flip-flops) for the practical activity.
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ obtained after 11 May 2009 CPCCWHS1001/CPCWHS1001 - ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’.
- If you do not provide this by the business day prior to your course commencement, your enrolment will be cancelled, and you will not be permitted entry to the course. If this occurs, our terms and conditions will apply and therefore your course fee will not be refunded nor held in credit.
- NOTE: If your White Card was issued prior to 11 May 2009, we cannot recognise this as a valid prerequisite as it does not prove that you were assessed against the correct unit of competency.
- Participants must supply proof of attainment of either CPCCDE3014A - Remove Non-Friable Asbestos or CPCCDE3014 - Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (unless gained through Pinnacle).
- Asbestos Awareness
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
- Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
- Remove Friable (Class A) and Non-Friable (Class B) Asbestos - Combo Course
- Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
- Silica Awareness
I do this every year and I’m usually bored to bits the entire time. I can honestly say Luke has made this course entertaining, I’ve learnt things that didn’t sink in before and I was engaged the entire time. Turns out the trainers are what makes these courses valuable and you have 1 in a million with you now. His teaching skills will save lives.