No region selected
Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
Face to Face
Climbing and rescue training for anyone required to work on structure such as telecommunications towers, poles, chairlifts or other tower-like structures.
|Location (South East)
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
- ICTTCR203 - Use safe rigging practices to climb and perform rescues on telecommunications network structures
2 days. Allow two 8 hour days.
- $895.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Tower Climbing and Rescue Training is designed to enable trainees to work effectively on towers. Training is focused on:
- Methods of accessing the work position
- Using double hook lanyards
- Using fixed ropes or fixed ladders (on communications towers)
- Mobility at height
- Work positioning methods
- Abseiling techniques
- Rescue techniques (self-rescue and “pick-off” techniques)
Training is designed to be realistic and customised to suit your particular work situation (e.g. communications towers, energy transmission towers, or chair-lifts). This course is suitable for anyone who has the requirement to access towers or poles of any kind within their work.
- AS 1891.4 (overview) (contextualised to tower environments)
- WHS legislative requirements (overview)
- Ladder fall-arrest systems
- Work positioning systems
- PPE selection, use, basic maintenance
- Fall arrest systems
- Using double hook lanyards
- Installing solid and reliable anchorage
- Practical rescue
- Assessment activities (e.g. rescues) in tower context
- Training conducted by experienced Height Safety Specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for Working at Height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
- Building of the following core skills:
- Abseiling skills
- Ability to work hands-free at height (using pole strap)
- Best practice climbing with a double-hook lanyard
- Rescue of a stranded/injured worker (one-on-one pick-off rescue methodology)
- Assessment activity in tower context
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be physically fit. This training is realistic and very physical. It is important that all personnel who attend this course are willing and capable of moving about at height (ascending and descending ropes) on towers and other high structures. If you do not possess the fitness/strength to climb towers and other structure under your own strength, you will be unable to demonstrate competence required for this program.
- We can provide all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc during the course.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
- Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Road Crash Rescue Training
- HAZMAT Response Training
- Confined Space Rescue
- Low Voltage Rescue and CPR Training
- Emergency Response Planning
Trainer James was very good and very meticulous in the way he did things. I felt very safe and by the end I felt confident in my ability.
Mikael C. - Brisbane, QLDAir Services Australia
Course was the best Tower Rescue I have attended in many years (we refresh this training every 12 months). The reason for this weighs heavily on the trainer, Tim, and his abilities, character, and demeanour as both a trainer and assessor. I would not only recommend Tim to others but I would also request Tim be our trainer in future.
Geoff P. - Brisbane, QLDKordia Solutions Australia
The Tower Rescue training was great! I enjoyed every minute! Our trainer Gordon was friendly, helpful with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I also liked the simulated rescue scenarios complete with mock blood! These scenes made me, and the other students really think about what an emergency rescue might involve and steps needed to perform an effective and efficient rescue. Thinking of getting into Rope Access! Highly recommended!