No region selected
Fire Warden, Chief Warden & Fire Extinguisher
Face to Face
Teaches participants how to respond to workplace emergencies. Encompasses the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Warden and Chief Warden, as they relate to emergencies in the workplace, as well practical hands-on Fire Extinguisher training.
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- PUAFER005 - Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation
- PUAFER006 - Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
- PUAFER008 - Confine small emergencies in a facility
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This combined course teaches participants the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Warden and Chief Warden, as they relate to emergencies in the workplace. Students are also trained in the correct use of Fire Extinguishers in a live-fire exercise.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in AS3745 Planning for emergencies in facilities.
Fire Warden outline
- Discuss evacuation and assembly principles and procedures
- Discuss fire, bomb threat, and other emergencies and their effects on the workplace
- Identify the workplace fireboard and fire equipment location(s)
- Demonstrate knowledge of workplace evacuation procedures
- Demonstrate efficient evacuation of the workplace
Chief Warden outline
- Prepare for workplace emergencies
- Apply command, control and coordinate aspects of workplace emergency procedures
- Control the response to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Coordinate reports and results of initial emergency response
- Conclude incident
Fire Extinguisher outline
- Fire triangle theory
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
Participants must provide own
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
- Fire Warden, Chief Warden & Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
I was very happy with the content and delivery of this course and I am pleased with the feedback I have had from other participants. Daniel ran engaging sessions and clearly brought considerable professional and personal experience into play with his delivery. Thank you.