No region selected
Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
Face to Face
Trains participants in the use of scissor lifts and boom-type EWPs under 11m. Equivalent to ‘Yellow Card’ training.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
National unit of competency
- RIIHAN301D - Operate Elevating Work Platform
Please note that this is the . It is recognised and accepted throughout Australia. Please be aware that “Yellow Cards” are issued by an industry body outside of the VET system. You do require a Yellow Card to operate an EWP or scissor lift. This is a common misconception.
1 day (allow approximately 8 hours)
- $299.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. Eligible students can do this course Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to operate elevating work platforms which are classified as requiring a high risk work (HRW) licence. If you need to operate boom lifts that have a capacity beyond 11m, please see our EWP over 11m course.
After successfully completing this nationally-recognised course you will be trained and competent to operate:
- EWP (Boom Lift) 11m
- Scissor Lift (up to any height)
- Vertical Lift*
*The unit RIIHAN301D covers the operation of a range of elevating work platforms under 11m. Our course will provide participants with skills and knowledge to operate elevating work platforms that are transferable to any EWP under 11m. The specific plant used in our training courses are boom lift (BL) and scissor lift (SL). All Australian work sites have an obligation to induct new workers on the plant they are required to use. However, we do recommend that workers check with their employer(s) as to the applicability of any training related to on-site plant and equipment, as well as any site-specific training requirements.
Competent students will receive a card detailing the unit of competency and the class of machines they were trained and assessed in (at this time, boom [BL] and scissor [SL]).
For on-site training (group courses) we can contextualise the training to the specific plant being used on site and identify this on the card issued to competent students.
- Access, interpret and apply elevating work platforms documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Identify and select any required tools and equipment, check for serviceability and rectify or report, verbally or in writing, any faults prior to commencement
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
- Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Obtain and interpret emergency procedures, and be prepared for fire/accident/emergency
- Stabilise elevating work platform
- Place tools and equipment into bucket/platform
- Use approved safety devices, ensure safety of personnel and surrounding site
- Act on or report, verbally or in writing, monitoring systems and alarms
- Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations
- Complete work and shut-down in accordance with agreed work plan
- Carry out work platform inspections and fault finding
- Carry out routine operational servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and site authorised procedures and practices
- Carry out minor operator maintenance to manufacturer’s instructions and site requirements
- Process written records
- Clear work area and reuse, recycle or dispose of materials
- Check, clean, maintain and store plant, tools and equipment
- Training conducted by an experienced height safety specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for elevating work platforms and working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Practical hands-on EWP training to ensure participants can safely and competently operate EWPs
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire: Safety boots, long pants and high-vis shirt.
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Rope Access Training (ARAA)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
I started this course with no operating experience but by the end I am confident with my skill level to operate and gain more experience in the workplace. Warwick explained the theory and practical very well and he helped me achieve everything I wanted to with the course.
Nathan C. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Really good training, great environment and friendly staff - trainer and admin. I felt a lot more confident after the course and would take on the big task that I was not sure of at first. Jason, the trainer was very informative and had great experience in the field which was carried over in the classroom. Well done, I’m looking forward to my next course.
Terry H. - Brisbane, QLDApex Services SEQ
I completed the EWP under 11 metre course yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it… Phil the instructor was brilliant. He held the class well and he spoke from experience not just from time teaching a course. He was hard but fair in the assessment practical and you kinda have to be considering the work that students will be undertaking upon their completion. Facilities were top notch and nothing was too much trouble. All staff that I came into contact with were polite and very professional! I would certainly recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training for anyone looking at completing industry specific training and certification and I will certainly use them again when choosing my next course.