No region selected
Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
Face to Face
Equips workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work at height in various situations. Online + hands on practical.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
Our Working at Heights course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (we estimate learners new to this content may take 3-4 hours - online)
- Hands on practical training and assessment (approximately 4 hours - at Pinnacle training centre)
- $185.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people to work safely at heights than any other provider in Australia.
This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at height.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training can be conducted at your work site or off-site at one of our purpose built training facilities. Work at heights training is focused on fall prevention rather than fall arrest. It is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation, primarily being aimed at general construction, maintenance, mining, large factories or other work situations where work is conducted in a place where a fall from one level to another is possible.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
For supervisors of work at height or anyone needing to develop rescue plans, please consider undertaking Working at Heights - 2 day training. Remember: Having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning module built and tested by industry experts
- Access to a dedicated Online Faculty at Pinnacle to assist you with your online learning, if you need it
- The freedom to study when you like and go at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- Practical training conducted by experienced working at heights specialist
- Half day (approx. 4 hours) of hands-on, practical training. Up to 12 trainees per course.
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
- Scenario-driven learning to ensure workers can be safe and comply with relevant standards and legislation
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
Online learning requirements
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
Friendly and informative learning environment. I completed my Working at Heights course, half online and half face to face, and valued the knowledge and confidence I obtained through the Pinnacle process. Recommend to anyone needing to do a course within the industry.