No region selected
Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
Face to Face
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to operate an elevating work platform (EWP) with a boom length over 11m, and undertake the assessment required to receive their high-risk work licence.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0005 - Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or More)
Two days. The course is composed of one day theory and practical training, with all assessment taking place on the second day.
An elevating work platform (EWP) is either a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device, or a combination of these used to support a platform from which personnel, equipment or materials can be elevated to perform work. Pinnacle Safety and Training’s EWP course covers the functions required to operate boom-type elevating work platforms with a boom length of 11 metres or more. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will have the required formal logbook training and assessment results to be eligible to apply for a High Risk Work (HRW) Licence. [NSW link] [VIC link] [QLD link] [WA link]
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Setting up the elevating work platform
- Operating the elevating work platform
- Shutting down and securing the elevating work platform
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the assessment process?
A: Our Western Australian EWP course is made up of one day of training and one day of assessment. Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of WorkSafe mandated assessment items. On day two you will undergo written knowledge and calculations assessment and (if eligible) you will undergo a practical skills assessment. All assessments will be “closed book” and conducted by a WorkSafe WA Accredited Assessor (who is independent of Pinnacle Safety and Training). This mandated assessment is required to be administered by all RTOs offering this High Risk training.
Q: How do I apply for my High Risk Work Licence (HRWL)?
A: Upon successfully completing your training and assessment with Pinnacle Safety and Training, you must lodge your application form and pay your licensing fee within 60 days of the date of your notice of satisfactory assessment.
Q: Will I be able to use my High Risk Work Licence in other states/territories?
A: Yes. A current High Risk Work Licence may be used anywhere in Australia regardless of which state or territory it was issued in.
Q: What do I need to bring to my training?
A: There are strict identification requirements for this course. You will need to bring:
- 1 x form of photo ID (Australian Driver’s Licence, 18+ card, or any passport)
1 x form of non-photo ID (Medicare card or debit/credit card)
- 1 x form of primary non-photo ID including your date of birth (such as birth certificate)
2 x forms of secondary non-photo ID (e.g. Medicare, debit/credit card, or Health Care card)
Q: I failed one or more of the assessments. What does this mean for me? Can I come back and re-sit them?
A: Not everyone passes the first go – don’t be embarrassed if this happens. Even knowledgeable people may struggle to answer the technically specific exam, as the answers need to be provided precisely in accordance with WorkSafe WA standards. If this occurs, you may study the material in your own time, and return within 60 days to re-sit the assessment, at a cost of $198.
Q: I attended part of the training, and I now no longer wish to proceed with any more training or assessment. Can I have a refund?
A: No. The course fee you paid relates to the formal training you have already received. If you choose not to proceed with this for any reason, no refund or partial-refund will be provided. This is in accordance with our standard Terms and Conditions you accept upon enrolment.
- Training conducted by an experienced mobile elevating plant operator
- Assessment conducted by an independent Accredited Assessor
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for elevating work platforms and working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Practical hands-on EWP training to ensure participants can safely and competently operate EWPs
- On assessment day, we limit numbers to seven participants to optimise amount of 1:1 time and practical training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Provide a combination of a range of identity documents (see “What do I need to bring to my training?” above for details)
- Arrive in suitable attire: Safety boots, long pants and high-vis shirt
- Be ready and willing to study, memorise and complete review questions at night in order to have the best chance of successfully completing the written assessment.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- If English is your second language, you advise us at time of booking. Contact our Sales and Service Team on 1300 990 810 to determine your eligibility to undertake this training. We will assist you in any way we can, but due to the demands of the WorkSafe Vic assessment process, do not guarantee that every applicant will possess the level of LLN required for the assessment.
- You will require at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. If you have any doubts, please let us know so we can assist you.
- The Regulator does allow an interpreter to be used during the mandated formal assessment.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this course, please call us on 1300 990 810
Jason was a great trainer and made what I thought was going to be a daunting task quite enjoyable. I have come out of this course with great knowledge and confidence.
Cody L. - Brisbane, VICAllgon Pest Control
I have undertaken Forklift and Boom tickets with Pinnacle. Both times I was lucky enough to have Brad as the trainer. He is very knowledgeable, professional, detailed and clear in his training. Thanks again Brad and the Pinnacle team. We will be sending more staff to your courses.
Josh M. - Gold Coast, QLDScarchi & Boston
With the quality of training and positive reinforcement from the trainer I have happily recommended to my employer that all our employees be trained at this facility for all courses required in the future.