No region selected
Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
Face to Face
Designed for anyone who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos in Australia.
|Location (NSW)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Sydney - Silverwater||Wed, Nov 03, 2021 (7:30am)||
2 Places LeftBook Now
|Sydney - Silverwater||Wed, Nov 24, 2021 (7:30am)||
2 Places LeftBook Now
|Sydney - Silverwater||Wed, Dec 15, 2021 (7:30am)||
3 Places LeftBook Now
|Sydney - Silverwater||Wed, Jan 12, 2022 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment, nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
This certification enables commercial operators to meet the training requirements for applying to SafeWork NSW for a Class A (Friable) asbestos removal licence.
We are a SafeWork NSW Approved Training Provider (#800302) for CPCCDE3015 Remove friable asbestos (Class A). For more information, see below.
National unit of competency
- CPCCDE3015 - Remove friable asbestos
2 days (allow approximately 8 hours per day)
- $675.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS FOR NSW PARTICIPANTS
In accordance with the current NSW Government roadmap guidance, all students (16 years and over) attending our courses at our Sydney training centre from 11 October 2021 must be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you are double vaccinated, please bring your COVID-19 vaccination certificate to your course. Instructions on how to access this certificate are available here.
If you are booking on behalf of other participants, please ensure they are double vaccinated and will have their certificate available on the day of their course.
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
Friable asbestos materials are more dangerous than non-friable asbestos and include asbestos that is in a powder form, crumbled, pulverised or reduced to powder (can crumble easily with hand pressure).
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) and asbestos containing dust/debris (ACD). The course includes preparing for friable asbestos removal, constructing enclosures, removing friable ACM, air and health monitoring requirements, and includes decontamination and disposal requirements.
Pinnacle Safety and Training will use any asbestos containing material during this training program, however realistic simulation is used.
When friable asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or in the workplace, only qualified personnel are permitted to safely identify, manage or remove it. Any worker removing friable ACM or ACD must be appropriately trained, as outlined in the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011 and the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos.
This course is a legal requirement in most states and territories for workers who need to remove friable asbestos. Refer to your State/Territory Authority for more information.
“How will I know if I am eligible for a licence, and how do I apply for one?”
- Tradespeople, contractors and other business operators: Friable ACM must only be removed under the authority of a Class A (friable) asbestos removal licence issued by the State/Territory Authority. As an employed worker, you must do this course to ensure you can safely remove friable asbestos.
- - Fact sheet. Doing this course is required before applying for a Class A licence and working with friable asbestos. Asbestos removal supervisors must hold this unit of competency AND the competency CPCCBC4051A Supervise Asbestos Removal AND have at least three years industry experience (see our Supervise Asbestos Removal course). For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please see SafeWork NSW.
- Homeowners: homeowners should attempt to manage or remove friable asbestos. Leave it to the professionals.
Our nationally recognised one-day remove friable asbestos course is designed for a worker who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) in Australia. The course includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with at least 50% of the time allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos-contaminated worksite.
- Legislative requirements and compliance
- Licensing requirements
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Completion of risk assessment, asbestos registers and management plans
- Full enclosure setup, testing and removal
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Decontamination of workers, plant and equipment (three phase process)
- Correct asbestos disposal techniques
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training is conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Participants must wear long pants and closed shoes (high-vis and steel-caps not required, but are welcome).
- This training is realistic, somewhat physical and may involve working in hot or cold environments whilst suited up in PPE. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a suitable level of fitness and are willing and capable of moving about in a small enclosed room, and wearing face masks.
- This course requires practice in wearing correct, full PPE and undertaking personal decontamination techniques, therefore participants must be prepared to wear shorts and T-shirt under coveralls.
- Participants must bring additional clothing - shorts, singlet top/T-shirt and a pair of thongs (flip-flops) for the practical activity.
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ obtained after 11 May 2009 CPCCWHS1001 - ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’.
- If you do not supply your White Card to your trainer on the first day of training you will not be permitted entry to the course. If this occurs, our terms and conditions will apply and therefore your course fee will not be refunded nor held in credit.
- NOTE: If your White Card was issued prior to 11 May 2009, we cannot recognise this as a valid prerequisite as it does not prove that you were assessed against the correct unit of competency.
- Participants must supply proof of attainment of either CPCCDE3014A - Remove Non-Friable Asbestos or CPCCDE3014 - Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (unless gained through Pinnacle).
EVIDENCE OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
SafeWork NSW require that participants must supply original evidence of identity (EOI) documents that add up to at least 100 points. Within these documents participants must be able to show:
- a photo
- date of birth (minimum age 15 years)
- current residential address
- Click here to view document types and their associated points.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the first day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
- Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
- Remove Friable (Class A) and Non-Friable (Class B) Asbestos - Combo Course
- Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
- Silica Awareness