No region selected
Hazardous Areas Awareness
Face to Face
Aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments.
Areas where gases, vapours, mists and dusts occur in dangerous quantities are classified as hazardous areas. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that when working in these areas you are adequately protected and trained, so as to reduce the likelihood of the ignition of an explosive atmosphere. People who carry out work in these areas require an understanding of the potential for ignition to occur, and appropriate control measures to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our Hazardous Areas Awareness training course addresses these issues.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hazardous area, including cleaning staff, HSE staff, trade personnel and management.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
One day (allow up to 8 hours)
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
- Identifying standards, codes of practices and legislation relating to hazardous areas
- Defining and identifying different hazardous area zones
- Defining hazardous area zones, including signage and classification layout drawings
- Defining conditions and sources of ignition
- Identifying properties of flammable materials
- Identifying equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Explaining the requirements for equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Identifying requirements for maintenance and installation works in hazardous areas
This Hazardous Areas Awareness course aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments. It will equip personnel with the skills to identify risks and implement suitable control measures to reduce the hazard to acceptable safe levels.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
I wanted to thank Ant for his time and enthusiasm in teaching the course. It is plain to see that he is very passionate about the content and genuinely believes that this is the best way to keep people safe in the workplace and even at home. Also, his experience gained from his previous occupations really shines through when queried about real world scenarios. I enjoyed the course, and I believe the other attendees did also. I had to leave early, and Ant went out of his way to catch up with me before flying out the next day to help me complete the course. Cannot thank him enough for that.