No region selected
Risk Control Training
Face to Face
Designed to teach participants how to undertake risk assessments, determine suitable control measures, and advise others on the implementation of controls.
Our nationally recognised risk control training course is designed to teach participants how to accurately complete a Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in accordance with their workplace procedures. This course is an ideal starting point for anyone who may need to complete JSA’s or risk assessments as part of their normal work duties.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIRIS201E - Conduct Local Risk Control
- Face to face training in the classroom
- Face to face training in the classroom
Our Risk Control courses teaches participants the fundamentals of the risk management process, including hazard identification, risk assessment and analysis, identifying and applying control measures, and monitoring and reviewing implemented controls.
Online learning course
Developed by industry experts, this self-paced online program teaches participants how to undertake risk assessments, determine suitable control measures, and advise others on the implementation of controls.
Group booking (face-to-face) course
Participants will learn to complete JSA’s and risk assessments. This training is very workplace specific. We will look at your risk assessment processes and the hazards that are specific to your workplace. We will cover different methods of risk controls and the various consequences and categories of risk. We will examine the hierarchy of hazard controls as well as devising tailored risk reduction strategies.
During the course we will complete several practical risk assessments and look at different methods for risk elimination and risk control. We will complete many of the practical tasks in a group environment on actual work tasks that company personnel undertake.
- Legislative requirements for risk management
- Risk management processes and tools
- Identifying actual and potential hazards in the workplace
- Assessing and analysing risks
- Applying the hierarchy of controls
- Identifying and implementing control measures
- Monitoring and reviewing control measures
- Completing workplace documentation and record keeping
- Scenario-based assessment activities
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and works on multiple devices and platforms.
- For face-to-face training, we offer practical, hands-on training conducted by an experienced industry expert with years of real-world experience applying risk management principles in workplaces.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes if undertaking classroom training.
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Control Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Facilitator Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
I am a trainer and educator myself and found trainer Norm to be top notch. A very good and personable trainer - great communicator, great examples, excellent knowledge in the field.