No region selected
Risk Assessment Training
Face to Face
Designed to teach workers the risk management process, including how to accurately complete a risk assessment and safe work method statement (SWMS) in accordance with their workplace procedures.
Our nationally recognised risk assessment training course is designed to teach participants how to accurately complete a Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in accordance with their workplace procedures. This course is an ideal starting point for anyone who may need to complete JSA’s or risk assessments as part of their normal work duties.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct Local Risk Control
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Participants will learn to complete JSA’s and risk assessments. Our training is very workplace specific. We will look at your risk assessment processes and the hazards that are specific to your workplace. We will cover different methods of risk controls and the various consequences and categories of risk. We will examine the hierarchy of hazard controls as well as devising tailored risk reduction strategies.
During the course we will complete several practical risk assessments and look at different methods for risk elimination and risk control. We will complete many of the practical tasks in a group environment on actual work tasks that company personnel undertake.
- WHS legislation overview concerning risk assessments
- Risk assessment process
- AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management Standard
- Roles and responsibilities of management and employees
- Case studies from industry
- Hazard identification
- Risk identification and assessment
- Control measure suitability and risk reduction
- Personal interpretation of risk
- Qualitative and quantitative measurements of risk
- Residual risk ratings and residual risk reduction strategies
- Hierarchy of hazard controls
- Worksite policy and procedures
- Consultation as part of the risk assessment process
- Training by experienced industry expert with years of real-world experience applying risk management principles in workplaces.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Initial OHS Training Course
I am a trainer and educator myself and found trainer Norm to be top notch. A very good and personable trainer - great communicator, great examples, excellent knowledge in the field.