No region selected
Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
Face to Face
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to operate an elevating work platform (EWP) with a boom length over 11m, and undertake the assessment required to receive their high-risk work licence.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Sep 20, 2021 (7:30am)||
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Sep 29, 2021 (7:30am)||
1 Place LeftBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Tue, Oct 05, 2021 (7:30am)||
1 Place LeftBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Oct 11, 2021 (7:30am)||
Sold OutAdd Me To Waitlist
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Oct 25, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Nov 01, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Nov 22, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Dec 08, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0005 - Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or More)
Three days. The course is composed of two days theory and practical training, with all assessment taking place on the third day.
- $595.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now).
- Book Work at Height at the same time and save $40.00 (call us to take advantage of this deal).
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $72.00 - save $523.00 off our regular price! Check your eligibility and apply now.
An elevating work platform (EWP) is either a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device, or a combination of these used to support a platform from which personnel, equipment or materials can be elevated to perform work. Pinnacle Safety and Training’s EWP course covers the functions required to operate boom-type elevating work platforms with a boom length of 11 metres or more. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will have the required formal logbook training and assessment results to be eligible to apply for a High Risk Work (HRW) Licence. [NSW link] [VIC link] [QLD link] [WA link]
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Setting up the elevating work platform
- Operating the elevating work platform
- Shutting down and securing the elevating work platform
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I have no prior experience with EWPs?
A: If you have no prior experience with EWP’s it is highly recommended that you undertake our one-day <11m EWP Program (click here). By doing this, you not only gain your ticket for Scissor Lifts and EWP’s less than 11m, you also gain valuable experience on machines and controls that are very similar to the >11m high-risk machine. If you are inexperienced in the use of EWP above 11m you can still do this course. Your Trainer will work closely with you and provide you with plenty of practical training throughout the course to gain competence. At the conclusion of day two, your Trainer measures your level of competence with a challenge test, which is used to determine your readiness for assessment. If you are ready for assessment an accredited Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) Assessor will conduct the formal assessment on day three. If you are not ready for assessment your Trainer will advise you of the areas of improvement and suggest you work under supervision of a high risk work licence operator and record your EWP experience in a log book (we will provide the logbook). When you have gained more experience and feel confident and competent, please call us to book in for reassessment, and on your assessment day bring your completed logbook. If you are issued with a logbook you must return to conduct the assessment within 12 months.
Q: What is the assessment process?
A: Our QLD EWP course is made up of two days training and one day of assessment. Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of WHSQ mandated assessment items. On day three you will undergo written knowledge and calculations assessment and (if deemed ready for assessment) you will undergo practical skills assessments. On day two of the course each participant will undergo a challenge test to determine ‘readiness for assessment’. All assessments will be “closed book” and conducted by a WHSQ Accredited Assessor. This mandated assessment is required to be administered by all RTOs offering this High Risk training.
Q: I failed one or more of the assessments. What does this mean for me? Can I come back and re-sit them?
A: Not everyone passes the first go – don’t be embarrassed if this happens. Even knowledgeable people may struggle to answer the technically specific exam, as the answers need to be provided precisely in accordance with WHSQ standards. If this occurs, you may study the material in your own time, and return within 60 days to re-sit the assessment, at a cost of $198.
Q: I attended part of the training, and I now no longer wish to proceed with any more training or assessment. Can I have a refund?
A: No. The course fee you paid relates to the formal training you have already received. If you choose not to proceed with this for any reason, no refund or partial-refund will be provided. This is in accordance with our standard Terms and Conditions you accept upon enrolment.
Q: I live in a different State. Can I travel to Queensland to do my course?
A: Yes. Recent changes now allow interstate residents to apply for a Queensland HRW licence as long as their training and assessment is completed in Queensland by a Queensland-based RTO and accredited assessor.
Q: How do I apply for my High Risk Work Licence (HRWL)?
A: If you are applying for your HRWL in Queensland you will be required to apply online. Before you submit your HRWL application you are required to present three (3) original forms of identification to your Pinnacle Safety Training Assessor on day 1 of your course. If you do not provide the identification requirements you can not participate in the formal assessment.
Q: What types of evidence do I need to provide?
A: Before you progress to your formal assessment, your Pinnacle Safety and Training Assessor must:
- Sight three (3) matching original evidence of identity documents, either two category A and one category B OR one category A and two category B (see this link for details).
- One of the category A documents must contain a full name, date of birth and be photographic (where the photo is of the person undertaking assessment).
If a person cannot supply three matching evidence of identity documents, they must contact WHSQ for assistance either by telephone Assessor Direct 1300 632 756 or by email to email@example.com before conducting the assessment.
- Training conducted by an experienced mobile elevating plant operator
- Assessment conducted by an independent Accredited Assessor
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for elevating work platforms and working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Practical hands-on EWP training to ensure participants can safely and competently operate EWPs
- On assessment day, we limit numbers to seven participants to optimise amount of 1:1 time and practical training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Provide three (3) matching original evidence of identity documents (see this link and read the “What types of evidence do I need to provide?” section above for details). Please note that arriving without this ID will result in you being turned away from the course
- Arrive in suitable attire: Safety boots, long pants and high-vis shirt
- Be ready and willing to study, memorise and complete review questions at night in order to have the best chance of successfully completing the written assessment.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- If English is your second language, you advise us at time of booking. Contact our Sales and Service Team on 1300 990 810 to determine your eligibility to undertake this training. We will assist you in any way we can, but due to the demands of the WHSQ assessment process, do not guarantee that every applicant will possess the level of LLN required for the assessment.
- You will require at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. If you have any doubts, please let us know so we can assist you.
- The Regulator does allow an interpreter to be used during the mandated formal assessment.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this course, please call us on 1300 990 810
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
Great facilities, great staff, modern equipment, very well run organisation. Trainer Brad was first class, best course I’ve ever attended. Thank you!
Bradley R. - Brisbane, QLDRPQ
Thanks to your team. Also good to see a real course where you do learn and have to earn the qualification rather than just get approved because you “turned up”. Hopefully this will keep the level of the people in the industry at a high quality and will actually mean the qualifications hold some value in the workplace.
Gordon J. - BrisbaneBitt'n Pest Solutions
I have undertaken Forklift and Boom tickets with Pinnacle. Both times I was lucky enough to have Brad as the trainer. He is very knowledgeable, professional, detailed and clear in his training. Thanks again Brad and the Pinnacle team. We will be sending more staff to your courses.