No region selected
Face to Face
Covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- Two days. The course is composed of one day theory and practical training, with all assessment taking place on the second day.
- Don’t pass your assessment on your first shot? Don’t worry: You can come back and be re-assessed at .
- Gold Coast special! $395.00 pp - limited time only!
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, your course could be fully funded, a saving of $395.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our forklift truck training covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence. This course is for beginners as well as experienced operators. Our experienced high risk work trainers work with participants to ensure they are confident and competent in operating a forklift truck.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Planning and setting up the forklift ready for operations
- Conducting risk assessment and implementing control measures
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Operating the forklift
- Manoeuvring forklift around various routes
- Practicing different types of lifts and carrying various weights
- Calculating and determining load capacity
- Shutting down and securing the forklift.
Pre-Course Study and Assessment
To optimise your chance of success, each participant is required to undertake mandatory pre-course study, and complete an online assessment (approx 3 hours). The link to commence this study will be provided at time of booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I have no prior experience with Forklifts?
A: Our program is suitable for both experienced and inexperienced operators.
Q: What is the assessment process?
A: Our QLD Forklift course is made up of one day of training and one day of assessment. Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of WHSQ mandated assessment items. On day two you will undergo written knowledge and calculations assessment and (if eligible) you will undergo a practical skills assessment. All assessments will be “closed book” and conducted by a WHSQ Accredited Assessor (who is independent of Pinnacle Safety and Training). This mandated assessment is required to be administered by all RTOs offering this High Risk training.
Q: I failed one or more of the assessments on my first attempt. What does this mean for me? Can I come back and re-sit them?
A: Not everyone passes the first go – don’t be embarrassed if this happens. Even knowledgeable people may struggle to answer the technically specific exam, as the answers need to be provided precisely in accordance with WHSQ standards. If this occurs, you may study the material in your own time, and return within 60 days to re-sit the assessment, at no charge. Note: additional re-assessments are subject to fees.
Q: I attended part of the training, and I now no longer wish to proceed with any more training or assessment. Can I have a refund?
A: No. The course fee you paid relates to the formal training you have already received. If you choose not to proceed with this for any reason, no refund or partial-refund will be provided. This is in accordance with our standard Terms and Conditions you accept upon enrolment.
Q: I live in a different State. Can I travel to Queensland to do my course?
A: Yes. Recent changes now allow interstate residents to apply for a Queensland HRW licence as long as their training and assessment is completed in Queensland by a Queensland-based RTO and accredited assessor.
Q: How do I apply for my High Risk Work Licence (HRWL)?
A: If you are applying for your HRWL in Queensland you will be required to apply online. Before you submit your HRWL application you are required to present three (3) original forms of identification to your Pinnacle Safety Training Assessor on day 1 of your course. If you do not provide the identification requirements you can not participate in the formal assessment.
Q: What types of evidence do I need to provide?
A: Before you progress to your formal assessment, your Pinnacle Safety and Training Assessor must:
- Sight three (3) matching original evidence of identity documents, either two category A and one category B OR one category A and two category B (see this link for details).
- One of the category A documents must contain a full name, date of birth and be photographic (where the photo is of the person undertaking assessment).
If a person cannot supply three matching evidence of identity documents, they must contact WHSQ for assistance either by telephone Assessor Direct 1300 632 756 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before conducting the assessment.
- Pre-course study materials to get you up to speed and optimise your chances of success
- Training conducted by an experienced high risk work licence operator with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
Each Trainee Must Provide
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Provide three (3) matching original evidence of identity documents (see this link and read the “What types of evidence do I need to provide?” section above for details). Please note that arriving without this ID will result in you being turned away from the course
- Arrive in suitable attire: Safety boots, long pants and high-vis shirt.
- Complete the pre-course study and assessment questions
- Be ready and willing to study, memorise and complete review questions at night in order to have the best chance of successfully completing the written assessment.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- If English is your second language, you must advise us at time of booking. Contact our Sales and Service Team on 1300 990 810 to determine your eligibility to undertake this training. We will assist you in any way we can, but due to the demands of the assessment process, do not guarantee that every applicant will possess the level of LLN required for the assessment.
- You will require at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. If you have any doubts, please let us know so we can assist you.
- The Regulator does not allow an interpreter to be used during the mandated formal assessment.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this course, please call us on 1300 990 810
Kevin was an outstanding trainer. I wish other training facilitators were this professional and supportive. He conducted the class in a way that enabled us to absorb a lot of info in a short amount of time. It was a serious course and if you consider safety a priority, then I highly recommend Pinnacle. Thanks.
Donald G. - Melbourne, VICCerra Metal Works
I have undertaken Forklift and Boom tickets with Pinnacle. Both times I was lucky enough to have Brad as the trainer. He is very knowledgeable, professional, detailed and clear in his training. Thanks again Brad and the Pinnacle team. We will be sending more staff to your courses.
Josh M. - Gold Coast, QLDScarchi & Boston
I believe you will struggle to improve. The whole process from booking to assessment was very professional and effective. Will definitely recommend you guys and engage in future training. Thank you.