No region selected
Hazardous Areas Awareness
Face to Face
Aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments.
Areas where gases, vapours, mists and dusts occur in dangerous quantities are classified as hazardous areas. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that when working in these areas you are adequately protected and trained, so as to reduce the likelihood of the ignition of an explosive atmosphere. People who carry out work in these areas require an understanding of the potential for ignition to occur, and appropriate control measures to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our Hazardous Areas Awareness training course addresses these issues.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hazardous area, including cleaning staff, HSE staff, trade personnel and management.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
This Hazardous Areas Awareness course aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments. It will equip personnel with the skills to identify risks and implement suitable control measures to reduce the hazard to acceptable safe levels.
- Identifying standards, codes of practices and legislation relating to hazardous areas
- Defining and identifying different hazardous area zones
- Defining hazardous area zones, including signage and classification layout drawings
- Defining conditions and sources of ignition
- Identifying properties of flammable materials
- Identifying equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Explaining the requirements for equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Identifying requirements for maintenance and installation works in hazardous areas
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Facilitator Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Initial OHS Training Course
Samantha’s knowledge and advanced techniques displayed, explained and taught helped improve my skills. Because of these contributing factors I thoroughly enjoyed this training course, and believe she is a credit to your team at Pinnacle. I look forward and hope to train alongside her in the future.