No region selected
White Card Training
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (WA issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WorkSafe WA approved provider of the White Card.
- Face to face classroom training: 6 hours (group bookings only)
- Face to face classroom training (group bookings only - please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote)
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
In WA, employers may require training to be repeated if workers are not in the workforce for more than two years.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- For groups, we offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to valid photo ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, passport, etc). Please note that arriving without this ID will result in you being turned away from the course
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Upgrade Program
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
- Chain of Responsibility
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
It was good - I worked at my own pace in between work shifts.
Stephen T. - Kurri Kurri, NSWHolcim
When I had any problems your support team was always there to assist.
Warren F. - Cessnock, NSWSMH Valley Maintenance
It was easy. I filled out the enrolment form & paid online, login details were emailed to me and in minutes I was in doing the course on my iPad. It only took me a couple of hours to complete and was actually quite fun to do! Thanks Pinnacle!