No region selected
White Card Training
Face to Face
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (WA issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WorkSafe WA approved provider of the White Card.
- Option 1: Online e-Learning course: Average duration is 3.5 hours (depends on experience)
- Option 2: Face to face classroom training: 6 hours (group bookings only)
- Option 1: Online e-Learning course. $55.00pp. Start Now!
- Option 2: Face to face classroom training (group bookings only - please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote)
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
The Western Australia regulator allows the White Card program to be delivered online to WA residents only.
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
In WA, employers may require training to be repeated if workers are not in the workforce for more than two years.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and works on multiple devices and platforms.
- For groups, we offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to valid ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, passport, etc) - otherwise card cannot be issued
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
Equipment Required For Our Online Course
For online training, participants must:
- Have access to the following items of PPE:
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Hard hat
- High visibility reflective vest
- If you don’t already have access to the required PPE we recommend you borrow it, otherwise you can purchase these items very cheaply from a retailer such as Bunnings.
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal device (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Fire Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
- Chain of Responsibility
No technical difficulties. Very happy with the course contents.
Guy T. - Greenvale, VICDaly's Constructions
I feel the online learning platform is easily navigated even by novice computer users.