No region selected
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Face to Face
Teaches participants the knowledge and skills to work within an organisation as a WHS safety advisor, assessor, officer or supervisor.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41419, which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The qualification is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBINS401 – Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS418 – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
- BSBLDR411 – Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
Previously referred to as Cert IV OHS, the new Cert IV in Work Health and Safety is now considered the minimum qualification for those seeking work as a WHS manager, advisor or safety officer.
Upon successful completion of our BSB41419 course, you may apply for a Work Health and Safety Officer (WHSO) certificate of authority from Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ). Participants need to apply directly to WHSQ. Applicants must email a certified colour copy of evidence of their identity (drivers licence) and a certified colour copy of their statement of attainment/qualification to email@example.com.
Why choose Pinnacle?
Deciding on a training provider and delivery format for your next qualification can be a daunting task—there are lots of options available!
Pinnacle Safety and Training have issued more than six thousand Cert IV WHS qualifications to students from across Australia and we receive some of the highest student satisfaction ratings.
Annual statistics provided by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) confirm that delivery formats requiring post course assessment (like those offered by most other providers) have a significantly lower completion rate when compared to intensive programs such as Pinnacle’s.
When choosing your training provider, don’t fall into the trap of needing to complete hundreds of hours of post course assessment remotely. These types of courses may be cheaper, but it’s simply not worth it. Enrol today with Pinnacle Safety and Training and get fully qualified in under 2 weeks. Read our reviews and you’ll see why we’re the best.
- Option 1 - Self-Paced - Online
- Study at your own pace when it suits you
- You have 12 months to complete your qualification
- Motivated students may finish quickly
- Option 2 - Trainer Facilitated - Face-to-Face (In Person) or via Virtual Classroom
- 7 days of training and assessment - face-to-face at our training facility or via live-trainer-facilitated Virtual Classroom sessions in your home or workplace. Allow 10 hours per day, plus approx 5 days allocated to homework and work based assessment.
- Your choice of:
- Intensive Delivery: 7 days over 2 weeks (Week 1: Mon-Fri, Week 2: Thu/Fri only)
- Extended Delivery: 7 days over 7 weeks (e.g. weekly on Mondays)
- Please refer to image below, and take the time to review the Student Assessment Requirements so you understand the in-class assessment and homework requirements.
- Option 1 - Self-Paced Online
- Just $599.00 pp. Start Now!
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. Eligible students can undertake this program at - save $599.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- Option 2 - Trainer Facilitated Face-To-Face OR Virtual Classroom, Intensive OR Extended formats
- $1495.00 pp for public courses
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. Eligible students can undertake this program at - save $1495.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
- $1495.00 pp for public courses
This health and safety course has been designed for people who are either in (or wanting to secure) a WH&S role, such as that of a WHS coordinator or safety advisor. Participants will learn how to identify workplace health and safety hazards, assess and control risks, ensure compliance with current legislation and consult on WHS issues. No matter your needs, we have the course to suit you. We offer an online program which you can complete in your own time as your schedule allows. For those who need their qualification quickly, we offer a fast-track, intensive face-to-face program in the classroom. For those who can’t be away from work or other commitments for up to 5 days consecutively, we offer an extended 1-day-per-week program format. Whichever format you choose, our training ensures participants receive the best learning experience to prepare them for their WH&S role in an organisation.
“Intensive” vs “Extended” Face-To-Face programs:
We know our students want to attend training and walk away with their qualification. Some students wish to get in, do the work, and get out. Others can’t afford to be away from work or other commitments for a several days in a row. Our program caters for both.
To ensure our students receive their training at the appropriate level for this qualification, some of the days are longer than other courses. This allows assessment tasks to be conducted in-class each day (and allow us to issue the certification at the end of your course), although there may be some after hours work required. Where participants can not achieve the required assessment outcomes for each day, the trainer will provide instructions for additional work. Where your computer skills are not proficient this can also lead to some additional after hours work being required. We will support you as much as we are able given the timeframe. Our aim is to see you succeed.
“The training was fantastic. Raymond is an extremely good presenter. His background knowledge and experiences contribute greatly to the course content. I would thoroughly recommend this course to other companies. Raymond has a way of communicating the importance of Safety to all participants in a way that make it personal and opens your eyes up to the possibilities of how people can endanger themselves in the workplace and how to help staff prevent this from happening. Very well run course! Thank you.”
—Janet W, Practical Engineering Australia Pty Ltd
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Australian Standards and relevant regulations and legislation
- Risk assessment and hazard control
- WHS management systems
- WHS consultation and participation processes (identifying participants, reviewing procedures, ascertaining training needs, communicating data, developing improvement initiatives)
- WHS leadership skills
- Incident response procedures
- Assisting in incident investigations
- Establishing, reviewing and evaluating WHS measures and initiatives.
Is our face-to-face Fast Track (Intensive) or Extended course format for you?
Training providers that offer intensive, fast-track qualifications are required to justify to the training regulator how participants may achieve their qualifications in an accelerated timeframe. Our face-to-face Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety can be completed in an intensive delivery of 7 days of training over two weeks (Monday-Friday + Thursday-Friday) or as an extended 1-day-per-week-over-7-weeks format, with pre-course work. Our justification in offering this intensive delivery is recognising participants’ prior work health and safety experience/exposure and what their learning capabilities are. We also have other delivery options which may better suit certain participants.
To help candidates make the right choice of course, we require each candidate to complete our mandatory pre-course survey. The survey results help both us and the candidate to make an assessment of the best delivery mode for them. The survey will be provided as a link in the candidate’s booking confirmation email.
What is a "Virtual Classroom"?
A Virtual Classroom is an online learning environment that allows for live interaction (audio and video) between a trainer and their students as they are participating in learning and assessment activities.
Face-To-Face (In-Person) or Virtual Classroom?
A number of important factors must be considered in determining which delivery format may be right for you. These include (but aren’t limited to):
- Computer hardware, peripherals and environment
- Do you have a modern laptop or desktop computer?
- Can you ensure you are in a quiet room for the duration of your sessions?
- Do you have a headset or headphones with a microphone (such as those supplied with mobile phones) compatible with your computer?
- Do you have a webcam?
- Do you have a reliable and fast internet connection suitable for streaming video?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “no”, we recommend attending one of our face-to-face sessions. Students who elect to undertake their training via Virtual Classroom must agree with all terms and conditions pertaining to this mode of delivery.
While in class (either in-person or via Virtual Classroom), you will research, prepare and submit your assessments through the Learning Management System (LMS), Moodle. You will spend time researching online, developing procedures and completing quizzes and long answer questions.
As such, we only recommend our intensive face-to-face program and our Virtual Classroom programs for those with a strong level of computer literacy. For those less experienced with computers, we have other delivery modes that may be more suited to you. Contact us if this is the case to discuss our other delivery options.
- Students provide their own laptop computer (with wireless internet capabilities)
Optional but highly recommended
- Wireless mouse and keyboard (improves ergonomics and speed)
- A second screen/monitor (improves ability to perform research)
Virtual Classroom students also have a headset or headphones with a microphone (such as those supplied with mobile phones) compatible with their computer.
Mandatory requirements for all participants (online and face-to-face courses)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete the mandatory Pre-Course Survey (face-to-face course participants only)
- Supply their own laptop (laptops must be capable of MS Word, PDF, and be USB compatible - no iPads)
- Have a . Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be able to navigate through web browsers
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing)
- Be able to conduct research and present information
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
- Have the ability to:
- Read and comprehend information from a variety of sources
- Communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels
- Facilitate team discussions, make presentations and participate in meetings
- Issue instructions in an authoritative manner during unusual circumstances
- Carry out simple calculations and analyse data
- Build relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external to an organisation)
- Be confident in presenting information verbally
- Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (or previous experience equivalent to this).
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Training
- Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
- Health and Safety Committee (HSC) Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Risk Assessment Training
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Occupational First Aid Training
- ICAM Lead Investigator Training
- Chain of Responsibility
Really impressed. Just completed the course online. The price was good, the format was user friendly and all staff from admin to teachers were very helpful and efficient, highly recommend.
Amanda P. - Berwick, VICPublic Course Participant
I did the online learning version of the course. It was one of the best online learning courses I’ve done (and I’ve done a few). Super easy to use platform and won’t hesitate to recommend.
Louise D. - Orford, TASPublic Course Participant
Jack was an excellent trainer with excellent knowledge across all areas of WHS. He was friendly, easy to understand and very personable. All these qualities helped me to get through the course and gain my qualification. I would highly recommend Pinnacle to my friends and work colleagues.