No region selected
Manual Handling Training
Teaches participants how to lift and move materials manually and/or use basic manual handling equipment in a safe manner.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. . This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- FBPOPR1010 - Carry out manual handling tasks
- 100% online program
- 1 - 1.5 hours depending on experience
- $59.00 pp. Start Now!
Our manual handling training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out their work safely to remove the risk of injuries. The course teaches participants how to lift and move materials manually and/or use basic manual handling equipment in a safe manner. The training takes participants through both the theory of why we need to follow safe manual handling techniques and the application of demonstrating and practising safe lifting techniques.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation related to managing manual handling tasks in the workplace
- Identifying what manual handling is and its characteristics
- Identify manual handling hazards
- How to identify the safest method of movement to reduce the risk of injuries
- Apply different lifting and transfer techniques to manage manual handling tasks
- What happens when safe manual handling techniques are not applied
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and works on multiple devices and platforms.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Upgrade Program
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Chain of Responsibility